shaved and painted questions

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
I've seen a couple cars (not tegs) with shaved handles. Just make sure you get the body work right, I've seen a couple crappy ones that are all wavy and dimpled where the handles were which looked uber dumb. But on the other hand when it's done well I think it looks awesome.

callmedj

i got shaved wiper, antena, side moldings, and was thinkin about the handles too but didnt go threw with it yet...dont know if the squirters shaved i never thought to look, cuz i bought it as is mostly cuz i dont have to do any of the work now lol

suzuki714

Dlo have you ever seen a stock car, those doors are welded shut lol.
Nobody really goes by the "Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement" thing. People call the clear tails rice, but those have nothing to do with racing lol.

I would shave the moldings but i'm a little sketchy on the door handles. I think I would still reach for the non-existent handle constantly. If you DO go with the door poppers, make sure you have some concealed battery terminals you can get to that aren't under your hood. (So if your battery dies you can get a jump start to open your doors..)
when i was looking at the kits some have manual popers that you hide under your car or iside a fender but thats kinda hard with a slamed teg...

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
I Have shaved everything... (except the trunk lock). Also have a civic but swapped in the teggy b18b1 and gsr trans. I think they look clean. haven't painted yet though. If you got questions ask. never thought about the jump start thing.. probly easier than what im planning (and safer). was planning to have a small button underneath (not slammed) that manually lifts the latch. It is entertaining when people go to get in my car and just get this puzzled look lol

Prozon

Kris
I would go for the battery cable thing, I figure if someone looks enough they can manage to break into your car with something like that.

mendoza

i got shaved wiper, antena, side moldings, and was thinkin about the handles too but didnt go threw with it yet...dont know if the squirters shaved i never thought to look, cuz i bought it as is mostly cuz i dont have to do any of the work now lol
got pics?

j13

Keep It Clean

^There's one with shaved door handles as well. I guess it just depends on what you like. If you're going to do a rear wiper delete, I suggest getting rid of the rear squirter as well.
looks like a cheesy itr clone, shaved handles is rice

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
if they want in that bad all they need is a brick :( and i dont think its rice... rice=pointless changes that may do more damage than good. shaved handles=a more seamless look, a little added security and the "yeah we'll take my car--walks to car, car opens doors to accept driver and passenger" thing.

old pics of when i first got it and started work.

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
I've never heard of shaved handles being illegal, but i'm not around them much. I do like the look, but I doubt I would ever do that on my vehicle, because no matter what I know I would always be reaching for the handles that aren't there. Lol.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
shaved handel is not a honda thinf, just buy db8 door handles, keyless but still with handle on car.. squirter is a must if you delete wiper, a simple plug would fill the hole.

almostfast

i think shave it all , it looks great super clean . i have shaved tons doors with use of quality solonoid and the correct install ,and offcourse well thought out back ups like water proof back up button,i suggest passenger door they get used less . also a set of jumper wires hidden under the car that way if you have a dead battery you can use like drill battery to pop open your door. spal makes the best poppers i have used them for over ten years and never had failure. oh and the most important is make sure who ever is welding know's what they are doing,it is real easy to screw up a door by getting it to hot and it warps , or not welding it completly and it crack around the patch