shifter getting hot!!!!

teggyboi59

95teggy
If it's really that hot- I would agree that it could be a partially clogged cat. My friend's Accord had a plugged cat and the whole damn thing would glow red.
I have a test pipe .. not a cat... ma cat was clogged up that's y I put a test pipe ..

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Yea, mine is metal and it gets hot too...seems to really be affected (even when driving) by how hot it is outside, but I just ignore it. It's never so hot that I can't touch it. Although, if it's parked in the sun it can get close, lol...

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
But if you want the aftermarket style, take a look into Delrin knobs, they dont get scalding hot.
This for sure. I have a Buddy Club delrin knob and it's great. Doesn't get hot at all even sitting in the sun, and they're super comfortable for holding/shifting and all that. Much better feeling on the hand than my stock leather one.. And I loved my leather one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S Captivate using Tapatalk.

hidenplanvew

wow no one actually went after the ops actuall question.. since he has a test pipe and isnt a cat issue... Is your shifter ouching anything? you sure that the shifter is getting hot from the exhaust? You could wrap it but I dont think its going to help..

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
wow no one actually went after the ops actuall question.. since he has a test pipe and isnt a cat issue... Is your shifter ouching anything? you sure that the shifter is getting hot from the exhaust? You could wrap it but I dont think its going to help..
Well excuse the fuck out of me

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Actually, he said "all answers or suggestions appreciated" And I did tell him my solution...I ignore it :) So, go drink a beer or somethin...

teggyboi59

95teggy
No the shifter linkages aren't touching the exhaust ... nd I really don't think it would b the tranny ... would it b??

David.95LS

Delwarian
shit, a hot knob should make you shift faster :D, but just grab a small kids wristband, and put it around the knob, i have a type R knob and in the summer i just throw a TMNT wrist band on it and its all good lol