Should i install type R onto a 91 DA automatic?

da91teg

So I have a b18c at my garage seating round and was wondering should install it on to my 91 teg for everyday use? The reason why I am asking for your opinion is because I am little tired of driving around getting push over by cars "meaning not able to accelerate and pass over cars". I have 91 automatic teg with 160k miles on it but I feel the motor has no more power to go, keep in mind that this car is well maintenance and have been doing oil change every 2500 miles the car has no problems but i just feel like i was left out there world with a slow car. Or is it just me?

Please be nice ppl. :)

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Why should you care if some people are faster than you. Real life isn't a game, especially if you're just going to work and back home.

If you're that concerned, sell the Type R motor and your DA and you can find yourself something nice that's a little faster.

enoch723

Why should you care if some people are faster than you. Real life isn't a game, especially if you're just going to work and back home.

If you're that concerned, sell the Type R motor and your DA and you can find yourself something nice that's a little faster.
:thumbs up
He is right.

Few things you have to realize.

1. This is real life and you dont want to f*** it up. You will always have someone faster then you especially if your in an automatic. Street racing is for children that dont care. Yes we all do it, but thinking everybody is out to beat you is childish

2. Any automatic will be remarkably slow and it will take huge amounts of work and money to change that.

3. Sorry to say, but you sound like a ricer. Difference between a ricer and a tuner: Tuners actually care about their car as another part of them. They want to put their heart into it and they know someone will always look better, sound better, and be faster. Tuners build a car to please themselvs, not others. Ricers want to be the coolest and fastest or think they are. They think the stupid stickers, body kits and s*** coffee can exhaust and think their cool.

My advice to you man. Maybe keep the car and engine if you like it.. If you dont then get rid of them. Just make the car yours. Anybody can beat you in a race but it wont matter if you love your car

dlo253

2. Any automatic will be remarkably slow and it will take huge amounts of work and money to change that.
Dude. Lol do you live under a rock? Go to the drag strip. Most cars are fast ass automatics. And what about all the auto tranny cars that can run a 12 sec pass off the showroom floor..? That's not remarkably slow.. not by a long shot. I hate when people speak this nonsense about all autos being slow unless you spend hella money. That's just Honda's. Speaking from experience. Lol.

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
So I have a b18c at my garage seating round and was wondering should install it on to my 91 teg for everyday use? The reason why I am asking for your opinion is because I am little tired of driving around getting push over by cars "meaning not able to accelerate and pass over cars". I have 91 automatic teg with 160k miles on it but I feel the motor has no more power to go, keep in mind that this car is well maintenance and have been doing oil change every 2500 miles the car has no problems but i just feel like i was left out there world with a slow car. Or is it just me?

Please be nice ppl. :)
First of all, if you're woorried about being slow, F*** IT, follow the "LAWS" of the road...that's what I tell myself...and what do I see now, some yuppie, preppy MOFO in a beamers getting their ass pulled over.
From experience, 13 years ago, every motorist were following the rules of the road because of speed traps an such except for the "RACERS" until they wisened up...13 years today, it seems now that the "RACERS" have been tamed and now everyone else is speeding down the freeway, expressway all the way down to the residential streets, bringing us back to the first statement I made...
Stop giving a crap about motorists passing you by or bullying you over, Don't worry you'll get laugh when you see their ass pulled over later down the road...or worse they break down...
Second, as mentioned earlier, If you love your car, keep and treasure it. If you are unsatisfied with your teg, sell it and find another project. I have an automatic INTEG, and I love her. I purposely drive slow and give a one finger salute to anybody that has a problem with that.
Third, before you blame the car, check yourself first, maybe it's driving skills that hampering the teg...This statement was not meant make fun or disrespect. This was a question asked to me by a Pro racer. Hope this helps :)

Swerve

Shawn
Dude. Lol do you live under a rock? Go to the drag strip. Most cars are fast ass automatics. And what about all the auto tranny cars that can run a 12 sec pass off the showroom floor..? That's not remarkably slow.. not by a long shot. I hate when people speak this nonsense about all autos being slow unless you spend hella money. That's just Honda's. Speaking from experience. Lol.
Exactly. People use autos in bracket racing so they don't have to be inconsistently sand bagging and they will certainly not break out and lose.

da91teg

:thumbs up
He is right.

Few things you have to realize.

1. This is real life and you dont want to f*** it up. You will always have someone faster then you especially if your in an automatic. Street racing is for children that dont care. Yes we all do it, but thinking everybody is out to beat you is childish

3. Sorry to say, but you sound like a ricer. Difference between a ricer and a tuner: Tuners actually care about their car as another part of them. They want to put their heart into it and they know someone will always look better, sound better, and be faster. Tuners build a car to please themselvs, not others. Ricers want to be the coolest and fastest or think they are. They think the stupid stickers, body kits and s*** coffee can exhaust and think their cool.

My advice to you man. Maybe keep the car and engine if you like it.. If you dont then get rid of them. Just make the car yours. Anybody can beat you in a race but it wont matter if you love your car

You sir piss me off!!!!! Calling me a Ricer! This how my car looks like FU!

da91teg

As for very one I wasn't talking about being the fastest guy or street racing, I was talking about how time is passing and small new cars are faster take off or "speed up" off the red light on the freeway or ppl swerving around you because you cant pick up speed. I am not looking for a race. I am looking for "hey that car is old and it still could due 80 mph without a problem." Believe me that I love my cars I like keeping them STOCK LOOKING! WITH NO BODY KITS AND STICKERS that tell you what I have. I like to improve my car for i wont be like those ppl on the side of the road with there 2010 and up cars with there hoods up calling AAA. lol

dlo253

Well, start by doing a full tune up to gain back any lost power. Maybe an intake or convert your stock intake to an icebox setup.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
Well, start by doing a full tune up to gain back any lost power. Maybe an intake or convert your stock intake to an icebox setup.
word...

I simply added an AEM cold air intake & DC header, along with a tune up & valve job my teggy is plenty for me on the street :)

little things make the biggest difference sometimes :)

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You sir piss me off!!!!! Calling me a Ricer! This how my car looks like FU!
First clean DA man.

Second

3. Sorry to say, but you sound like a ricer.
Don't pay attention to stuff like this.

About your motor swap, It wouldn't be a hard job and would make that car a lot, lot more fun so if you have one sitting around I would say do it for sure.

Your problem is going to be the automatic, not that there's anything wrong with autos but it just won't work with that engine. So the biggest pain in the ass would be to do a manual swap. If you did that I wouldn't think twice about throwing that motor in there. In fact just having the manual swap would make the car a lot more fun.

da91teg

First clean DA man.

Second

Don't pay attention to stuff like this.

About your motor swap, It wouldn't be a hard job and would make that car a lot, lot more fun so if you have one sitting around I would say do it for sure.

Your problem is going to be the automatic, not that there's anything wrong with autos but it just won't work with that engine. So the biggest pain in the ass would be to do a manual swap. If you did that I wouldn't think twice about throwing that motor in there. In fact just having the manual swap would make the car a lot more fun.
Your right about that but my other 91 ls teg has b16/b20 motor and its manual, thats my fun soon to be track car. I just figure that maybe it could work. :smileyR: Thanks for you opinion.