Should i install type R onto a 91 DA automatic?

94RS

No fucks given.
Hold on... You have a track car with a B20V instead of using the Type-R motor? Let's start there :lol:

But pretty much like everyone else said, it's a Honda automatic.... It's gonna be slow no matter what. Do a tune-up, get an "I <3 Driving Slow" plate frame for shits and gigs and enjoy having a clean ass DA.

Last edited:

da91teg

Hold on... You have a track car with a B20V instead of using the Type-R motor? Let's start there :lol:

But pretty much like everyone else said, it's a Honda automatic.... It's gonna be slow no matter what. Do a tune-up, get an "I <3 Driving Slow" plate frame for s***s and gigs and enjoy having a clean ass DA.
Thank you and my LS is not a track car yet. 8)

enoch723

You sir piss me off!!!!! Calling me a Ricer! This how my car looks like FU!
Didnt say you WERE a ricer. Said you sound like one. I see you arent so I apologize so calm the hell down bro. Dont have to get all pissy.

Dude. Lol do you live under a rock? Go to the drag strip. Most cars are fast ass automatics. And what about all the auto tranny cars that can run a 12 sec pass off the showroom floor..? That's not remarkably slow.. not by a long shot. I hate when people speak this nonsense about all autos being slow unless you spend hella money. That's just Honda's. Speaking from experience. Lol.
Do you live under a rock? I go to the drag strip every summer. You show me ANY automatic that hasnt had money dumped into it, or didnt cost over.. lets say a low amount of 5 grand. You show me one car that will pull 11s or 12s in the 4th that hasnt had money dumped into it or is stock and cost under 5000. I did not say automatics were slow. I said automatics were slow unless dumping money into it. To rephrase so YOU understand. Unless you want to spend a bucket of money tuning or on a new car, automatics are not as quick as their equal counterpart

you show me ANY honda that cost less then 6 grand or hasnt had money dumped into it I well be even more impressed.

Regardless, I would say to just do a 5 speed swap. If I remember right the 2g's have a b18 which is by far the easiest platform to tune

Last edited:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Swap the trans and you'll have more fun, IMO. Driving an auto is like jacking off instead of having sex - it does the job, but it's less than ideal

dlo253

Didnt say you WERE a ricer. Said you sound like one. I see you arent so I apologize so calm the hell down bro. Dont have to get all pissy.

Do you live under a rock? I go to the drag strip every summer. You show me ANY automatic that hasnt had money dumped into it, or didnt cost over.. lets say a low amount of 5 grand. You show me one car that will pull 11s or 12s in the 4th that hasnt had money dumped into it or is stock and cost under 5000. I did not say automatics were slow. I said automatics were slow unless dumping money into it. To rephrase so YOU understand. Unless you want to spend a bucket of money tuning or on a new car, automatics are not as quick as their equal counterpart

you show me ANY honda that cost less then 6 grand or hasnt had money dumped into it I well be even more impressed.

Regardless, I would say to just do a 5 speed swap. If I remember right the 2g's have a b18 which is by far the easiest platform to tune
Lol. You must not know the right people bro. I'll show you a 12 second pass when I'm done rebuilding my cutlass. I will be in that bitch MAYBE 2k..... guess it helps to have knowledge and a group of people that have been doing this shit for 30+ years. Or maybe I just don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, eh?

Swerve

Shawn
Lol. You must not know the right people bro. I'll show you a 12 second pass when I'm done rebuilding my cutlass. I will be in that bitch MAYBE 2k..... guess it helps to have knowledge and a group of people that have been doing this shit for 30+ years. Or maybe I just don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, eh?
Yooo put some of that Cutlass up

dlo253

Oh she ain't nuthn too pretty right now. She's just business. Going under the needle soon tho gonna pump her up a little bit and make it a lil cleaner. Might start a build thread for the hell of it.

dlo253

Lol, it's just an 84 cutlass with a mild 350 and fat front sway bar right now. I'll start posting when she is up to my standards.

bkirshr

User that is Registered
a 2nd gen type R would be...f**king awesome! If you have it and feel up for it, do it! it's your car man. However, I would change it to a manual. It wouldn't be that fun without it (coming from a guy with an automatic).

either way, since its your daily, make sure you have time to do the swap and another car to get to work.

just think, you don't see a 2nd generation with a b18c very often..

enoch723

Lol. You must not know the right people bro. I'll show you a 12 second pass when I'm done rebuilding my cutlass. I will be in that b**** MAYBE 2k..... guess it helps to have knowledge and a group of people that have been doing this s*** for 30+ years. Or maybe I just don't know what the f*** I'm talking about, eh?
Was refering to buying everything you put into the car rather then having friends give you parts. Also was refering to 4 cylinders mostly since this website and idea of honda's is mostly 4 cylinders.

Regardless, a cutless with a 350 would still be impressive if it made 12 sec runs. I would like to see it done. Not that its impossible, just impressive to see

Something ive always wanted to see was a crx or a square hatch with honda's v8 606

Last edited:

dlo253

Yeah. I will be buying everything brand new. The knowing people statement was referring to the massive amounts of knowledge and experience. Not free shit..
But if we were talking about strictly 4 cylinder automatic Honda's then yes, gobs of money for a good run.
But the first statement which addressed that was very broad.....