Should i install type R onto a 91 DA automatic?

da91teg

Yeah i was going for the type r swap but i realize that the intake manifold is diffrent from the manual. It will rob alot hp for the engine. Plus ecm will be alot work to convert to obd2.

Yeah i was going for the type r swap but i realize that the intake manifold is diffrent from the manual. It will rob alot hp for the engine. Plus ecm will be alot work to convert to obd2.
You don't convert the car to OBD2, you convert the motor to OBD1 and run a jumper harness from the ECU harness to the new OBD1 ECU.
If you stay auto trans you'll need to get a 93-95 JDM Integra GSR auto ECU. That is the only OBD1 Bseries Vtec auto ECU I know of. Though you could convert another ECU to work if you have the right parts and knowledge I suppose. You'll still probably want to have it socketed and have it tuned just to make sure everything meshes.

da91teg

You don't convert the car to OBD2, you convert the motor to OBD1 and run a jumper harness from the ECU harness to the new OBD1 ECU.
If you stay auto trans you'll need to get a 93-95 JDM Integra GSR auto ECU. That is the only OBD1 Bseries Vtec auto ECU I know of. Though you could convert another ECU to work if you have the right parts and knowledge I suppose. You'll still probably want to have it socketed and have it tuned just to make sure everything meshes.
Sound like a plan! ill look in to it.