Si against GSR

DownShift96GSR

Anybody come across a Del Sol w/ the Si engine and race against a GSR? I have before. My friend had a Del Sol w/ that engine before I ever got my GSR. He thought he was the fastest out of our group of friends until I got my GSR, then he got pissed cuz he could never beat me. Wait, I take that back, he beat me once. I could go into to a couple of details of why, but it wouldn't matter. But we raced numerous times and he couldn't beat me except that one time. But what was weird is that his quarter mile time was a 10th of a second faster than mine.

aspec

DownShift96GSR said:
Anybody come across a Del Sol w/ the Si engine and race against a GSR? I have before. My friend had a Del Sol w/ that engine before I ever got my GSR. He thought he was the fastest out of our group of friends until I got my GSR, then he got pissed cuz he could never beat me. Wait, I take that back, he beat me once. I could go into to a couple of details of why, but it wouldn't matter. But we raced numerous times and he couldn't beat me except that one time. But what was weird is that his quarter mile time was a 10th of a second faster than mine.
its all about the driver... did you race him from a roll or a stop? a roll would give u a better idea of the car strength because it eliminates alot of driver error possibilities.

what about a lude vs gs-r? that would be pretty damn close. Oh and about the ls auto vs si. I would say the si hands down. I've been taking a lot of si's lately in my ls but the autos are pretty slow. i'm pretty impressed w/ my ls after owning a gsx, not quite as quick of course but has so much more potential in my opinion.

DownShift96GSR

I mainly raced him from a stop. We figured it was fair that way. Neither of us could say that one was farther ahead than the other or any other excuse one could come up with.

A lude vs GSR would be a very good race. The lude has the HP/TQ advantage, but the GSR has the weight and powerband advantage.

ca86108

the new ludes a gsr can burn... the old ludes.. gsr can burn...... but the 92-96 lude VTEC will own an integra

DownShift96GSR

Man, i almost lost to a new Si tonight. Check it out, i'm on the freeway and I see this guy probably in his late 40's rollin a white si. I see him in my rear view mirror and take off leaving him behind. I get off on Louisiana Blvd and i'm heading to my mom's house when the guy catches up to me. I figure this guy is at his mid-life crisis cuz his Si was hooked up (at least I/E). I pretty much lead him to the stop light where there was a long stretch of road ahead for a good race. Well the light turned green and I was late taking off. Before I got second gear he had two car lengths on me. In my old GSR I would have caught him and passed him before I got the 3rd gear (it had I/H/E). Keep in mind my new GSR now is bone stock when it comes to engine mods. Well, I'm punchin it through second gear and I hadn't caught him yet!! I'm thinking SON OF A BITCH!!! There's no way my cars slower than the Mini-Odyssey. So I'm stressin as I hit 3rd gear and I star catchin him. I finally when flyin by him after my butterflies opened up in 3rd gear.

Man, I almost thought I was gonna let you guys down, but thank god my GEEZER has a good top end.

209SpoonDC2

Black94LS said:
i murder them and have 2 bolt ons on my LS, the new ones are even slower than the 99's ect... Put money on that shit and dont miss gears!
It would be pretty close, but probably the GSR. My ex-g/f has an '04 SI and I spanked my friend's 2000 SI with I/H/E. My girl's EP3 was stock. I once raced an '03 SI with my old '94 LS which only had a Spoon N1 exhaust and spanked the guy in the EP3. It boils down to driving style. I shift like a crackhead, lol, doing so can help a slower or lower hp car beat another.
Basically the new SI will win off the line with the better torque, but the GSR should start pulling right after the 2-3 shift.

novtec1

hate to say it but the NEW SI's are garbage..... only way you can't beat a SI is if you can't drive.

as far as the GS-R VS lude.. thats driver..... and the 94 vtec lude are suppose to be the fastest of the ludes if i remember right.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I like the 2006 concept. I heard the only things not staying are the door handles (original had ferrari/lambo style), brembo brakes, and the center exhaust tips.

Ludes are pretty nice except for the weight problem.

PogKai

B20VTEC
Ominous G2 said:
I like the 2006 concept. I heard the only things not staying are the door handles (original had ferrari/lambo style), brembo brakes, and the center exhaust tips.

Ludes are pretty nice except for the weight problem.
I've heard that they'll go for 16" rims instead, no spoiler. :???: