Slo_Teggy's Slo Rebuild

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
are you still selling it? i would be nervous selling a car with a modified brake system. i wouldn't want to hurt anyone.
I would never sell a car that wasn't safe. The lines will be 100% safe before I even consider letting someone buy it. I couldn't live with myself if I hurt or killed someone due to my "cutting corners". I don't know if I'll sell it. I'm back and forth daily about it. At this point, I just want to get my car started and driving.

oh by the way.. your Integra is in my top favorite integras..why? ITS F-ING SIMPLE.
Thank you, I really try and keep it simple. I like the "less is more" motto. I painted the valve cover and I was even thinking that was too much. These cars are built pretty well depending what you want to do with them. I like track days so they are almost perfect stock. I've seen way too many people "upgrade" their cars to only make them worse.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I was able to get the engine on the ground to attach the tranny, but I put my back out in the process. Looks like it will be a little bit before any further work gets done.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver

After 2 days of hell and putting my back out, I was finally able to get my flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, and transmission back on. It took so long as I did not have a clutch alignment tool, so I aligned the clutch with the transmission. After the clutch was aligned, I tightened the pressure plate to spec, and got the transmission back on. I was going to clean up before taking a picture but I have no back right now so you can see what kind of a mess my garage is right now.

I didn't take a picture of the clutch or anything but it's a stage 2 Exedy with a lightened flywheel. I don't remember how much the flywheel weighs as it was a long time ago.

Maybe I'll take a toothbrush and some crazy good cleaner and clean up the engine a little before putting it back in...

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I really have to start caring about my car more. It seems that there are way too many gaps between posts. Either way, here is a little update.

Well I had taken my stock LCA's off and brought them to a buddy's garage. I kept them out of the way and we were going to try and clean them up. His boss was pissed one day and through a hissy fit. He took my LCA's and tossed them in the garbage complete goof, I know). So, he had to buy me some new ones. My buddy talked him into getting me some better ones.

Today, my gift came in from Tunetics (figured we would support a local shop):

I wanted purple but he only had them for EK civics. Oh well. Got these for free so I can't complain. I have some more cleaning up to do and I may have struck a pretty sweet deal on something that would be fun to put in my car, but only time will tell.

Maybe it won't be another 3 months for an update. Winter is almost here so it's not like I would be driving my car these days anyway.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
How tough is it to remove that black s*** in the spare tire area and below the rear seats
It's not hard to do, it just takes a long time. Get some kind of scraper and do it on a cold day/night. The colder it is, the easier it is to get off. If you have snow or dry ice, put that on it for a put, then take it off and dry the area with a towel quickly, then start scraping. If it's really hot/warm, it will try and stick to itself, not just break away.

After it's mostly scraped off, get a sander and touch it up. If you are going to put the carpet back down, just make sure it's all smooth and lay it back down. If you're going to paint it like I did, then fix any scratches you may have done in the process.

Good luck with that. It gets loud when all that stuff is gone to keep in mind that weight reduction makes for a not so pleasant ride for your passengers.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Also, it's under the front seats as well. That stuff is all over.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
All the snow is starting to melt and the warm weather is finally starting to come. I decided to get to work on my car as I haven't in a very long time.

Finally got the engine back in the engine bay. Missing a few mount bolts and nuts but after doing that all by myself with nothing more then a normal car jack and luck, my back couldn't take anymore.

I always seem to cut myself in one way or another.

I'll hopefully finish up with the mount bolts, half shaft, and the flywheel shield tomorrow night. Maybe even get the axles back in the hub and get the wheels back on. That might be pushing it though. One day soon I'll have this thing back on the road... one day soon!!

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I feel like I am on the home stretch now. It's been too long without my teggy, I miss driving that thing.

Jabes

looking good man, I know how you feel, mines been off the road since november and I miss driving it already lol

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Alright so i got a lot done in the past 2 days.

The rear LCA's are installed and all the rear is finished
Got the shifter linkage attached to the tranny (couldn't find the Bitch pin until the end of the night so that will be another day)
The axles are back in the hubs and tranny
The half shaft is back on
The front suspension is all back together
The head was on but I'm getting a new head so i have some work to do still

There was some other stuff but i can't remember right now. I'm tired and my back hurts. We're really close to having this thing back on the road. I'm so excited!! I need to get an ARP washer from a buddy (i lost 1 and that stopped me from continuing work tonight) and then I can get back to work. No pictures this time because nothing is picture worthy.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
So today I got a lot of work done. I had to get a new intake manifold and throttle body as the ones I had wasn't going to work 100% properly. My buddy had the same style but from a different year laying around. They will work perfectly, so he swapped with me (he's that cool).

I changed my valve springs to ITR dual spring.
I got the head back on and torqued down.
Got the cams set (everything is TDC) and everything is bolted down to torque spec.
I got the GReddy timing belt on (after fighting with it for quite some time).
I attached the hoses from the head to the block.
I put some spark plugs in the head to avoid stuff getting inside the cylinders.
I put the timing belt cover on and have everything back together.

This is what my car looks like now (sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures):

I still haven't found the engine harness, but I'm sure it's somewhere in my office. My office connects to a storage area so things get pretty cluttered. I also have to paint my Valve cover.

This was going to be my valve cover but I sold it:

I have an Integra Type R one that I have stripped and am going to paint. Probably the same colors. I haven't decided yet.

That's it for now. Tomorrow will be a crazy day being Easter but hopefully I can get some more work done on Monday.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Ok so after the kids went to bed, I got bored and a burst of energy. I got to work.

I finished putting the head together.
Put the exhaust all together.
Put the new valve cover gasket kit in.
Put the valve cover on.
Connected the rest of the shifter linkage.
Put my Spoon res covers on (I think it looks better then the off-white they are)
Installed the intake (held on with zipties right now but it was just to see if there were any fitment issues).
Connected all the wires and lines that I could.
Connected the rad and it's hoses.
And the best part if it all, I managed to find my engine harness!!

This is how the car sits now:

I'm going to be painting the valve cover at some point but that's the least of my worries right now. Everything is all back together, all I have to do is double check everything to make sure I didn't forget to tighten a critical bolt, and then connect the harness. If it's a nice day, I'll pit my wheels on my car, roll it out into the sun, and work on the harness. I'm SOOO excited to get this thing running again!! It's been too long.

Well, that's actually it for tonight. Hopefully we get some nice weather soon and I can roll my car out!!

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Erm....looks awesome, but I believe your timing belt is on backwards. Our engines run counter clockwise, the arrows on your belt are clockwise :/