Slo_Teggy's Slo Rebuild

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Erm....looks awesome, but I believe your timing belt is on backwards. Our engines run counter clockwise, the arrows on your belt are clockwise :/

Mother Fu#@& you're right. Oh well, that will take all of 5 minutes to fix. Thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure it would do any catastrophic damage, but it is always good to do things properly. Let my mistakes be a lesson to you guys, don't rush the job no matter how long you've been waiting to get to this point.

Last edited:

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
how them brake lines bro?
Good. I only have to move 1 line a little bit but other then that, there are no clearance issues. I felt the peddle again tonight (I got in to check all the peddles and the shifter) and it was still really hard with no give. Looks like they'll hold up for a little while longer.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Mother Fu#@& you're right. Oh well, that will take all of 5 minutes to fix. Thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure it would do any catastrophic damage, but it is always good to do things properly. Let my mistakes be a lesson to you guys, don't rush the job no matter how long you've been waiting to get to this point.
I think it would just affect the longevity of the seam. I felt bad even saying it, but figured you'd want to know, lol...I've put a hg on upside down :X

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Good. I only have to move 1 line a little bit but other then that, there are no clearance issues. I felt the peddle again tonight (I got in to check all the peddles and the shifter) and it was still really hard with no give. Looks like they'll hold up for a little while longer.
goood shiet, hope your having fun with it, i know must be going through teggy withdrawal

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I very much can't wait. I'm so excited that I'm almost done. I actually forget what it feels like to drive it. Also, I spun the timing belt around so it's on the right way now.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Today I did a little bit of work. I put the wheels on and was able to roll the car out of the garage for the first time in over a year and a half. I messed up a rim but they were due for a new paint job anyway.

I got a lot of the wiring harness connected, there are a few connections that I have no idea where they go, but I'll figure it out. I need another washer for the fuel filter as it leaks, but the fuel pump still works just fine. That's pretty much the extent of car work I got done today.

It would have been a good time to clean my garage out, but I was too busy with my car.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I got a donation last night from my buddy Pat. Thanks Pat.

Integra Type R cluster

osiris19

I just sat here and read through all 5 pages and am itching to see updates. Nice work on your teg. You must be so excited to be so close to finishing up.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I just sat here and read through all 5 pages and am itching to see updates. Nice work on your teg. You must be so excited to be so close to finishing up.
Thanks. I'm sort of excited. I have 2 updates to post but I'm kind of getting behind. I'll post something in a bit (hopefully) and the other whenever I can covert the video...

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I got the cluster installed. I couldn't really see it with the lights on as it was too bright out but I still took a picture with them off. Here is before without lights

Here it is with the lights on (don't judge me)

And here it is installed without the lights on

Much nicer looking.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I really like the blue lights. I think it looks fantastic.
I don't know if I did a little "how to" when I did it but what I did was take the cluster apart, take the dials off, clear the pain off them (nail polish remover), paint the backs white (I can't remember what I used, either nail polish or white-out), and put blue L.E.D. bulbs in. It was a hassle getting the bulbs right. Complete nightmare getting the right ones from the company. I had to send them back about 4 times. It cost me a lot of money for it.

I liked them on my car as well, but I'm going for a more "quiet and simple" approach to things now. That's why I got an OEM exhaust, took the tint off, am taking the wing off, and changed the cluster to OEM. Of course if you're going to go OEM, the only way to go is ITR. So all the OEM parts that I have installed, are all ITR parts.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I have a write-up on changing cluster lights on here^ :thumbs up

Itr parts ftw, do work!
Informative write-up for sure. The only difference between your write-up and what I did was I took the gauges out and cleaned them up, also whited-out the dials. Other than that, it's pretty much the same.