Soft/spoungy brake pedal!

annauyt

Okay so I have a 96 special edition integra. Have soft brake pedal, the car brakes but I have to push the pedal down hard. Also ABS light comes on i'll have to check the connectors on the wheel speed sensors. Sometimes the abs light will go off. Anyways I did bleed all 4 brakes, still the same thing soft pedal.Also before bleeding I did check the fluid level and it was right on target. So I looked around master cylinder and there was some paint comming out with little bubbles around the master cylinder on the brake booster. Before I take the MC out is there anything else I should check? Front brake pads life is about 80%, rear is 70%

gugiey

If you have a Grimy/grease residue on your brake booster then this
is a CLEAR INDICATOR
that you PRIMARY PISTON PRIMARY SEAL is leaking.

Kevin A. Parra

Early 90's Honda Guy
If you push the brakes at a stop light and they sink all the way to the floor. That's your Master Cylinder. Crappy performance but the brakes hold is usually the Booster. Also if you seeing leaks then chances are fluid got into your booster possible ruining both. Good luck with the re-installation of the booster if it was anything like my civic was it's going to end in a lot of cursing and scratched up driver side shock towers.

seahtech

Take off the master cylinder and check the seal. If its leaking then there is the culprit.

If you have fluid that has leaked into the booster you need to replace the booster Now that is Hondas official policy. Would I replace it? No I would just call it good lol

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
fuck replacing a booster its too much work.
master cylinder is most likely the culprate
but just bleed the brakes to be 100 sure it may be air in the lines