someone just tried to break into my car

rnhib25

ricer all day
damn bro sorry to hear that....its a good thing to be surrounded by Amish cornfields lol BC no one tried to steal my car

Boxy

You should install a CompuSTAR security system on there. I have one of the two-way ones that has a remote starter and like engine cut off and everything. The shock sensor is crazy sensitive, my friend just lightly kicked the tire with his toe and the alarm went crazy. It's a good investment, but it'll run you like 300

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
So apparently I have a Viper alarm system with an ignition kill, so they cant start it.. So thats good to know. I guess its just a small price to pay to save your car. Not that a tow truck couldnt just come up and roll you onto the bed. Now if that was happening, then theres some F&F rollplaying going on.. or something

And about your dents, just take off whatevers underneath it (ex. headliner) and just pound it out, good as new :)

So apparently I have a Viper alarm system with an ignition kill, so they cant start it.. So thats good to know. I guess its just a small price to pay to save your car. Not that a tow truck couldnt just come up and roll you onto the bed. Now if that was happening, then theres some F&F rollplaying going on.. or something

And about your dents, just take off whatevers underneath it (ex. headliner) and just pound it out, good as new :)
They can still start it. I had a Clifford alarm with a kill switch and they still stole my car.
Try this: Go out to your car, make sure its in neutral and e brake engaged, pop the hood, take a piece of wire(with metal ends exposed) and touch one side to your positive battery terminal and the other end to the starter signal wire, and see what happens.

That's how they stole mine. After jumping the starter all they do is jam a screwdriver in the ignition and break it to release the steering wheel from the ignition lock.
I know it sucks that it's so easy, but it is.
The unfortunate truth is if a professional car thief wants your car, he'll get it.

Prozon

Kris
Paden it might be wise to remove that post, just to keep out any more "would-be" theives.

As for the original post, that really sucks. Next time I would suggest trying to get a license number rather then boxing the person in though.

Like the other guy, i'm kind of isolated so there isn't much chance of my car getting stolen.
And if it does, everybody would recognize it lol.

Paden it might be wise to remove that post, just to keep out any more "would-be" theives.
You know I thought about that while I was posting it, but it really is common knowledge. Yet another case of how you use that knowledge rather than having the knowledge.

If it really becomes an issue I'll take it down. I was merely trying to illustrate how simple it can be.
Though if something in your ignition system fails, it can be a good thing to know. It'll keep you from push starting the car.

Prozon

Kris
That would only enable the starter wouldn't it? Your ignition itself would still have the fuel cut off would it not?
I wouldn't doubt it though. To hot-wire a Ford truck all you have to do is run a hot wire to the coil and another hot wire to the starter solenoid to start it. Running a wire to the coil is the same as turning the key on lol.

That would only enable the starter wouldn't it? Your ignition itself would still have the fuel cut off would it not?
I wouldn't doubt it though. To hot-wire a Ford truck all you have to do is run a hot wire to the coil and another hot wire to the starter solenoid to start it. Running a wire to the coil is the same as turning the key on lol.
If you use the screw driver to pop the ignition first the wire will start the car. I had starter trouble before and had to start my car this way before.

Prozon

Kris
Are Honda ignitions easy to snap? I remember trying to break the ignition on a Chevy truck when I was younger. It was just some junker on my property so I was messing around with it. Needless to say I couldn't break it and ended up just snapping the lock. Then again, it could have just been because I was a little kid, I haven't tried to break an ignition recently lol.