Sort of a build thread *1qikteg*

1qikteg

So I purchased my first DA back in May. This is the way i bought her. just a plain jane looking DA.

First thing i did was install a STS and some fat fives. Also installed an 8k HID kit.

The car had a dent in the front fender and a big dent in the trunk.

Today 7/9/11 i finally started doing that body work after staring at it for awhile.

only got a few pics will have more tomorrow it got dark and my dumb iphone 3gs doesnt have flash.

1qikteg

I think its a cheap ebay one. A friend gave it to me so i figured why not. Its def. shorter and feels better. i also replaced the shifter linkage bushings.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
As long as the shift arm doesn't snap, you'll be cool. lol

1qikteg

yeah haha when i read up on it i hear thats the problem. its been in a few months and working pretty well. I do want a dual bend though just not sure what brand. As long as this bitch dont break works fine with me. hopefully should have the car painted by next saturday as that is when i will have a place to spray it.

1qikteg

Its been good doesnt feel like anyting has changed or got messed up. obviously a shorter pull but i never pull hard on it.. im a gentle shifter(no homo?) lol

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Its been good doesnt feel like anyting has changed or got messed up. obviously a shorter pull but i never pull hard on it.. im a gentle shifter(no homo?) lol
lmao! And something that snaps could happen without any difference in feel leading up to it; just be ready to clutch quick if it happens

ModelEfficiency

yeah haha when i read up on it i hear thats the problem. its been in a few months and working pretty well. I do want a dual bend though just not sure what brand. As long as this b**** dont break works fine with me. hopefully should have the car painted by next saturday as that is when i will have a place to spray it.
Haha noice. I have the B&M straight stick model, and I wish I went with the dual bend version...

speedin

The Transporter
Looking good, I actually like the 2-tone fatties, it goes well with the interior and the vc. Maybe a gold Acura emblem up front? Very few people rock the gold accent combo anymore, I think it can be pulled off.

1qikteg

yeah i dont see anyone where im from with black and gold its normally black and red. Im thinking of Debadging the whole car. Im going to the store right now to pick up some sand paper for my DA(not the car the tool lol) btw can anyone explain why its called a DA(the tool) to lazy to google as im running out the door as im typing this.

1qikteg

Aight so not a serious update but a small update. first round of filler and sanding. coming out pretty well.

This is random but its my younger brothers EJ1

speedin

The Transporter
If your going to do all that body work why not just go ahead and shave the side moldings while your at it.

1qikteg

If your going to do all that body work why not just go ahead and shave the side moldings while your at it.
Never seen that before. how does it look? i also liked your idea btw of the gold emblem. but with the Crome looking A and the gold around it.

speedin

The Transporter
Never seen that before. how does it look? i also liked your idea btw of the gold emblem. but with the Crome looking A and the gold around it.

You will just want to paint the strip on the front and rear bumper as well.

Last edited: