Sort of a build thread *1qikteg*

1qikteg

I thought you were reffering to filling them completely in and making the flush. I kinda like it but think it looked better on the 3rd gens

speedin

The Transporter
I thought you were reffering to filling them completely in and making the flush. I kinda like it but think it looked better on the 3rd gens
Yea, no I wouldnt try to fill it completely, that will take alot of metal beating to do correctly. And yea its a different style then most do. The trim isnt too bad wrapping around DA's because they go all the way around. But I think if it was done right a shaved molding would be really clean. Just a thought....

emd513

Got a friend that's going with metal strips welded in will post pics as soon. As he is done with it

1qikteg

yeah i decided imma take them off. hopefully i dont break them and i able to get a couple bucks for them

1qikteg

quick little update. second round of filler and more sanding getting to dark to work on it and i gotta be up at 4 to take a friend to the airport. more bodywork tomorrow then tues/wed im going camping and white water rafting. so car is gonna sit for a few days.

1qikteg

pretty much done fixing dents and such. when i get back from my trip will be sanding down the car and prepping it for paint on saturday. still unsure about taking of side moldings. maybe later on i will take them off.

Saw this bucket going down the road literally crooked and its not just the bumper. the left was like 2"-3" higher than the right

Cripton805

Please dont delete the side moldings... it looks stupid on a DA.
If anything replace them for JDM thin moldings.

Ive seen it done, it just doesnt look right. It kills the whole look.

1qikteg

Please dont delete the side moldings... it looks stupid on a DA.
If anything replace them for JDM thin moldings.

Ive seen it done, it just doesnt look right. It kills the whole look.
ehh i kinda like it. but unecessary work right now. so they will stay on for now.

1qikteg

Good work man. I have one suggestion for the car: take off that license plate frame!
oh yes they are indeed coming off sir. havent gotten to that point yet. probably going to get custom plates since it looked like someone bent both my plates in half then put them on. it irritates the shit out of me

1qikteg

oh yes they are indeed coming off sir. havent gotten to that point yet. probably going to get custom plates since it looked like someone bent both my plates in half then put them on. it irritates the s*** out of me
so i finally got around to taking my front license plate off and ripped a damn hole in the molding lol. so it put a hold on the car for now. its completely ready for paint except the front and rear bumper and im fixing the molding since they have marks and notches and such.