Speed Up The Blinkers?

Crazed_B18B1

Ok I like the speed of the stock 3rd gen blinkers but I would like to know how to make them blink faster! I wanna learn a load of crap bout the 3rd gens!! For 5th gen civic's i heard u just cut the ground wire to the corner blinkers but I was wonderin how would u do it for a teg?

B16aTeggy

there was another post abou this on g1teg.org.. i dont see a point..

but all u have to do is pull a bulb out sumwhere it will make every thing blink faster.. i duno about leds..

iamagreatguy

LED have less electerical restance so they bling a lot faster. i replaced my rear turn signals with LEDs and it blinks twice as fast. i tried to replace the fronts with LED too but there was pretty much no electerical restance and they just stayed on with out blinking at all. there are restance load things you can buy to add restance if you dont like the hyper blinking. got mine at www.superbrighteleds.com

ca86108

so i want the fast blinking too??? sooo i dont have to cut wires or nothing just replace turn signal bulbs with LED bulbs?

MoJoJoJo

Banned
the point is, it makes them blink faster....Duhhh!!! lol jp. thats one of my ideas..but i'ma go a step farther...i wanan put strobe kits in my car...like them cops...you how how wild that would be for a party? or just scare a couple ppl when i'm bored. its illegal for street use and they dont sell red and blue. but i can always get aroudn that

01cleatus

MoJoJoJo said:
the point is, it makes them blink faster....Duhhh!!! lol jp. thats one of my ideas..but i'ma go a step farther...i wanan put strobe kits in my car...like them cops...you how how wild that would be for a party? or just scare a couple ppl when i'm bored. its illegal for street use and they dont sell red and blue. but i can always get aroudn that
Thats funny and fucked up at the same time. (lol) I got a buddy who is in the academy and only me and a few other friends know about him becoming a cop. We are all apart of a car club here in G'ville where we just try and street race and throw off the cops so we can raace in peace. Anyways me and only two other friends know about him being a cop so we devised this plan that when he is an official cop we are going to tell him exactly where we all are and that way he can show up with the lights and the whole deal flashin at us while we are racing and he is just going to pretend to arrest us or just fuck with us from inside his squad car. That should be funny. When this all goes down I will be sure to try and get it on tape.

Torga3iGhT

i dunno bout tegs, but for civics there is a relay box under the driver side dash where the fuse panel is. You remove the relay box, buy another "hyper blinker" box that fits your car on ebay, and replace the existing one. Takes about 2 minutes to do in total. Dont need to put in LEDs or anything.

Not sure if it's the same for tegs, but i'm pretty sure...my friend did this on an F150 and worked the same =)...now got fast blinkers and fast hazards =)

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Still seems pointless to me, but I want that old school look. Cop thing sounds kinda fun.

Good luck.

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
MoJoJoJo said:
ive seen colored strobe kits. they have them at pep boys i think. they just have the little colored cap things that you put over the bulb or whatever

p27rpy

if you want to, unplug the smaller of the two lights in the turn signals. that will cause the bigger light to blink fast. i dont see the point of this either...

ca86108

for some reason my left blinker turnsignal blinks incredibly fast, while my right blinker flashes slow.. is this a sign of the bulb goin out>

dc4R

when I had hyper blink, i just put a small piece of electrical tape over one of the prongs on the bumper light bulb. do each side. (process of elimination)

RITegra30

to make the builbs blink faster you have to make the circuit not complete. When you put a body kit on an integra you take out the bumper bulbs in the front and that makes the *double blink*. So just take the bulbs out and leave the wireing hidden and you will have the *fast blinker* or *double blink*..