speedometer/vtec issue

navysailor956

Whats up CI, I havent posted on here in a minute but now I need your help. Yesterday I changed my alternator, and now my speedometer doesnt work, it just stays at 0 mph, and VTEC doesnt turn on at all. Where would be the first place I should start looking, Thanks CI. I drive a 92GSR btw with the B17.

For the speedo, check to make sure the speedometer cable is still plugged into the vehicle speed sensor on the trans.
For the Vtec, see if any of the wires are off. Are you showing a CEL for this?

navysailor956

For the speedo, check to make sure the speedometer cable is still plugged into the vehicle speed sensor on the trans.
For the Vtec, see if any of the wires are off. Are you showing a CEL for this?
Cool, i'll check that, That sounds like it could be it. What wires are you talking about for Vtec? Yeah, but its been on b4 this.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Speedo has to work for Vtec to work.

navysailor956

So how does the speedo cable go into the trans? Does it just slide in? Cuz i was trying to put it in but it stops at a certain point, but then I sort of forced it and it went a bit more. But the Speedo still dont work. The cable is connected in the back of the cluster cuz I checked, I have all these damn scratches on my arm now.

01FTW

My variable valve timing makes my integra so fucking fast I cant believe it sometimes.

So how does the speedo cable go into the trans? Does it just slide in? Cuz i was trying to put it in but it stops at a certain point, but then I sort of forced it and it went a bit more. But the Speedo still dont work. The cable is connected in the back of the cluster cuz I checked, I have all these damn scratches on my arm now.
The speedo cable could be broken internally. Try another cable.