Spirited Driving & Track Talk

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
I haven't been around in a while so if this is a repost then delete it.

I figured we needed one so I'm going to start one.

Talk about experiences, warnings, etc.

i mean i guess what im saying is, if i worked hard enough to track it, i would be afraid to drive it on the street because of pot holes. let alone putting it into a wall at 110mph...
That's why people have "track only" cars. And when it comes to tracking a car, the risk of damaging your car is always there. If you're scared of danger, don't track your car. I'll be honest. Tracking isn't for everyone, especially for the feint of heart. You got to have cajones. :thumbs up
You have to have a stomach for it. I've had to pull over a few times to let a nauseated passenger get some fresh air just from highly spirited twisty back road driving
I would have to agree. The first time I ran a touge, my guts were up to my neck.

But now, they still are because I have about 1.8% of tread on the rear tires.

But anyways, how about that 9FF huh? Pretty damn amazing.
My friend's girlfriend threw up after riding shotgun with him at the track. Lol! He drives a CB7 with an H22A swap. It's pretty quick.
Let's continue...

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I'd would have to kill if someone tossed chunks in the GSX. I've never had a passenger on a track and have always managed to pull over in time on the street

<--- cleaned the porsche threads

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
Yeah, definitely not going to go for that. I'd choke a bitch.

Man, I need new tires. I haven't been able to drive on the freeway for quite a few months!

Lol.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I have had my friend ride with me at the dragstrip. He wanted to feel what it's like to launch......(he drives a FWD LOL)

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
I actually tried launching in my mother's WRX.

A feeling I want to have in a car I own. Hahaha. I bogged like hell at first though.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I actually tried launching in my mother's WRX.

A feeling I want to have in a car I own. Hahaha. I bogged like hell at first though.
My car gets off the line pretty good. First run was a 1.600 60ft. time. I'm sure I could take that down some. Whiplash ftw!

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
I'm pretty good at launching off my FWD cars on economy tires. Well they say it's Ultra High Performace All Season but they're not. LOL.

I beat a modded Dakota R/T from a dig by a car and half and an EM1 by 2 cars from a dig in the old Teg.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
I haven't been around in a while so if this is a repost then delete it.

I figured we needed one so I'm going to start one.

Talk about experiences, warnings, etc.

Let's continue...
oh im by no means scared. i know whats its like to overtake someone and to be overtaken. hell i know thats its like to hit the ground at 30+ mph from 20 feet in the air. racing/track time is nothing new to me, i used to race dirt bikes untill i fucked up my knee this past summer. but i mean i am just a cheap bastard... i just wouldnt want to have to PAY for a car i put into a wall at 110. not that im scared of getting hurt

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I'd would have to kill if someone tossed chunks in the GSX. I've never had a passenger on a track and have always managed to pull over in time on the street

<--- cleaned the porsche threads
My friend just pulled out to the paddock so she could throw up. So good thing he was near the start/finish. Lol!

Yeah, definitely not going to go for that. I'd choke a bitch.

Man, I need new tires. I haven't been able to drive on the freeway for quite a few months!

Lol.
Time to get some RT-615s!

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
I'm going to stick to the Toyo FZ4's since I don't really track my car but do some spirited driving. They're fairly sticky for all season tires. They stick well when it rains too.

I just need a job so I can get tires for the Rotas.

I've made my girlfriend grab my leg with a Kung Fu grip down some curvy roads before that was unpleasant.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I'm going to stick to the Toyo FZ4's since I don't really track my car but do some spirited driving. They're fairly sticky for all season tires. They stick well when it rains too.

I just need a job so I can get tires for the Rotas.

I've made my girlfriend grab my leg with a Kung Fu grip down some curvy roads before that was unpleasant.
The Falken ZE-912s are pretty good too.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
My GST doesn't launch! lol

It will just smoke down my RT615's. It's like: ease the clutch out at 3k, half throttle through 1st, quick shift second hold half throttle and pedal it up to 3/4ths. then just rock third gear with a little wheel spin. I'd rock some ADVANs like I used to but I don't feel like replacing them that often anymore

I took it to the strip once. 60 ft times like a one legged ape. Fast trap speed for quarter mile time though. You can tell I was just chasing down that time once I got traction

Last edited:

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
Yeah but brands sometimes have the same size when it comes to numbers but the Toyos just look beefier. I had the ZE-912's on the 15" Heliums I had and they weren't quite as sticky as the FZ4's.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
^wait? so you have a 500 hp gsx and how much power is the gst putting down? i mean if i cant even get power to the ground thats got to be quite a bit...