Spoon Exhaust

DB8_228

I didnt know Spoon's exhaust could be so freaking loud! :shock: I like it an all...i dont think i could stand driving it everyday. Has anyone put on a Spoon N1 exhaust on there teggy? Even with the silencer its still pretty loud. It only eliminates the VTEC sound when its on. I was thinking about getting a Apex-i N1 instead. Something lil smoother and a lil quieter. What you guys think?

g3teg97

Super Moderator
The A'PEXi N1 is a pretty loud exhaust and it was built for turbo applications. My boy David had it on his teg and he told me he just got annoyed with it. He has the A'PEXi WS2 on right now. Talk to him. [DC2-Integra]

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
g3teg97 said:
The A'PEXi N1 is a pretty loud exhaust and it was built for turbo applications. My boy David had it on his teg and he told me he just got annoyed with it. He has the A'PEXi WS2 on right now. Talk to him. [DC2-Integra]
Sadly Ive never heard the spoon exaust first hand, but the apexi N1 is pretty loud especially if you take the resonator out and replace it with a strait pipe is sounds awesome AND LOUD!!! i like loud thought.

ExPoSeD

i was also thinking about getting a spoon exhaust. Is the sound that bad? i like loud but not exceptionally loud, anyone have any suggestions? please! :D

DB8_228

I have it with my greddy piping its pretty loud. i thought the Apexi N1 would be lil quieter cause my friends hatch was pretty quiet during normal driving. but once you gun it down...its pretty loud. plus you got the silencer too right? should that make some difference?

kimbo

DB8_228 said:
I have it with my greddy piping its pretty loud. i thought the Apexi N1 would be lil quieter cause my friends hatch was pretty quiet during normal driving. but once you gun it down...its pretty loud. plus you got the silencer too right? should that make some difference?
can u post a video of it cause i wanted to get full piping for mine but i'm not sure how much louder it will get.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The exhaust has nothing to do with emissions. That's taken care of by your O2 sensor(s), catalytic converter and ECU.

DB8_228

Right now my camera is out of commission. I gotta get another one. I've had an Greddy SP2 which i see a lot of 4 door teggies have them. I like it but it rattles throughout mid-range rpm. It just sounds nasty. I like something smooth and i thought the N1 from Apexi would sound good. Does anyone have one on their teggy?

Regulator23

TegSox said:
The exhaust has nothing to do with emissions. That's taken care of by your O2 sensor(s), catalytic converter and ECU.
as long as you have a cat and a stock ecu u will pass tegsox is a sav, trust me.... lol

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
DB8_228 said:
Right now my camera is out of commission. I gotta get another one. I've had an Greddy SP2 which i see a lot of 4 door teggies have them. I like it but it rattles throughout mid-range rpm. It just sounds nasty. I like something smooth and i thought the N1 from Apexi would sound good. Does anyone have one on their teggy?
I have the apexi N1 muffler with custom piping, no resonator thought, deep sound till vtec crossover then its REALLY LOUD!!!!!!! espesially on tunnels (my favorite :naughty: )

DB8_228

cabezzzdb8 said:
I have the apexi N1 muffler with custom piping, no resonator thought, deep sound till vtec crossover then its REALLY LOUD!!!!!!! espesially on tunnels (my favorite :naughty: )
would you recommend this exhaust for someone who travels a lot? i drive to houston to florida back and forth every so often.

Regulator23

if you have a resonator, u'll be fine... that with a silencer and you will hear a nice deep tone, less noise, but also less performance...

killab18

i had a tanabe racing medalion on my 95 gsr and loved it. wasnt loud and sounded good when you get on it. but i never hear of any tanabe anymore? whats up with this. no ones showing the love.