SRT-4 is NOT a True Stock Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Srt4 is NOT a car, it's a model of several differant cars available. Srt4 is simply a "performace package"!
That is not entirely true. The car is called the Dodge SRT-4...no where did they ever put a Neon emblem on it, the advertisements, or the window sticker. The "Neon" version is, has and always was referred to as the Dodge SRT-4. Neon was never actually part of the name

94mark3 said:
the magnum srt8 isn't called the dodge srt8, so why the fuck call a neon srt4 only "srt4"
Because the Magnum version IS named the Magnum SRT-8. The Neon version, is NOT. It is only named the Dodge SRT-4 by Dodge themselves.

Last edited:

'95Paradeyes

I think what you are arguing is the difference between forced induction and naturally aspirated. Our integra's came "stock" from the factory naturally aspirated, while the SRT-4's came "stock" from the factory with a factory turbo, intercooler etc etc. OP.......don't bash on what the others are saying, because the MOD was correct if the guy with the SRT-4 did not modify one part of his car, then it is considered "stock". Its merely a different trim of the neon. His insurance ALSO insures it as stock, as my insurer does for my GSR. Sure the SRT may beat my car stock for stock but who cares, and why are you so worked up about this? He probably paid 5 times as much on his car as I did mine, and mine gets better gas mileage. So what if his car is turbo'd, does it have vtec too? No, it doesn't but mine does... that doesn't mean my car is not "stock"!

Just my 2 cents as well. If you want a fast entry level car, sell your integra, and go pick up a STOCK LT1/LS1 Camaro Firebird that will rape an SRT 4 in its stock trim. ( Like a Z28, SS, etc)

Vince

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
a stock vehicle is how it is as it rolled off the assembly line, it's as simple as that, doesn't matter if it's a Kia Rio or a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.

Rich-PMS

That is not entirely true. The car is called the Dodge SRT-4...no where did they ever put a Neon emblem on it, the advertisements, or the window sticker. The "Neon" version is, has and always was referred to as the Dodge SRT-4. Neon was never actually part of the name

Because the Magnum version IS named the Magnum SRT-8. The Neon version, is NOT. It is only named the Dodge SRT-4 by Dodge themselves.
Well then i guess all the master techs at the dealership are wrong, along with my grandfather who worked at the plant in detroit when it was first released.

According to insurance companies I spoke with when I was thinking of buying one, "it's not a sports car, it's a sedan with a turbo"

Ford lightnings don't have f150 badges, but are considered an f150 to insurance company.

The caliber isn't the "new neon", it replaced the neon because the sales went to shit. Same way the cobalt replaced the caviler. And actually the cobalt is the same chasis as the Saturn ion2.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I know it's a Neon, you don't have to tell me. I'm just telling you that the actual name is Dodge SRT-4....not Dodge Neon SRT-4

On the other end of the spectrum, the Lightning IS referred to as the Ford F-150 Lightning by Ford.

choyoyoing

How you like my v-tec?
so when do you consider a vehicle to be fully 'stock' :???::???:
oKAY! Let me clear things up for the RECORD: I understand and realize the SRT-4 is "technically" a Stock Vehicle. And if you read back what I originally submitted you'll see that. I got that...trust me! I know what stock means!

But you have to also use common sense! My beef is not with it being a Stock vehicle-meaining from the factory! My issue is with SRT-4 owners that claim Stock whether they lose or win as if to means they were racing their grandma's car.

I also understand that other cars come turbo charged...heck Diesels come turbo charged, but coming with a turbo is one thing. And coming with an all new powertrain, high-capacity Sachs performance clutch, stiffer springs, SRT tuned Tokico struts, larger sway bars front and rear, exhaust along with a Turbo is something Entiiiiirely different bro!

If you think I'm complaining cuz you think I lost to an SRT-4 than please remove that out of your head! I've never even raced an SRT-4. I'm speaking out on this because some guy had the nerve to post on youtube a video where he beats this Integra with a b20 engine and laughs about how his SRT-4 is only Stock!
It's one thing to say it's stock (meaning from the factory) and it's another thing to laugh about your car being stock as if there was nothing DONE TO IT!
So in end I have no problem with little factory modifications, but when they take your average car and throw to Performance Vehicle Operations tuner group and race the shit out....to me it loses that title as a True Stock Car! COMMON SENSE PEOPLE! 8)

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I also understand that other cars come turbo charged...heck Diesels come turbo charged, but coming with a turbo is one thing. And coming with an all new powertrain, high-capacity Sachs performance clutch, stiffer springs, SRT tuned Tokico struts, larger sway bars front and rear, exhaust along with a Turbo is something Entiiiiirely different bro!
So an Integra Type R sitting on the showroom floor brand new wasn't stock?

choyoyoing

How you like my v-tec?
a stock vehicle is how it is as it rolled off the assembly line, it's as simple as that, doesn't matter if it's a Kia Rio or a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.
I already answered people on this, but I know what STOCK means. My problem is not with the definition, my problem is with SRT-4 owners are using the word STOCK. This isn't your average upgraded vehicle like Integra's have Type-R or Corrolla has Corrolla S. This car is completely raced out! From the engine to the forced induction to the clutch to the suspension to the brakes to exhaust to.....shit....do I even need to continue LOL.
Stock is stock. My problem is with how it's being used. Technically it's stock....but with the amount of stuff and money that was thrown at it ....to me it loses credibility as a True Stock car.
THIS IS WHAT COMES WITH THE SRT-4:
- high-capacity Sachs performance clutch.
-SRT tuned Tokico struts,
-larger sway bars front and rear
-entire powertrain (engine and transmission)
-turbocharged 2.4-liter inline-4 gasoline engine
-racing wheels
-Tuned through (Performance Vehicle Operations) tuner group
That's just performance.

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
I already answered people on this, but I know what STOCK means. My problem is not with the definition, my problem is with SRT-4 owners are using the word STOCK. This isn't your average upgraded vehicle like Integra's have Type-R or Corrolla has Corrolla S. This car is completely raced out! From the engine to the forced induction to the clutch to the suspension to the brakes to exhaust to.....shit....do I even need to continue LOL.
Stock is stock. My problem is with how it's being used. Technically it's stock....but with the amount of stuff and money that was thrown at it ....to me it loses credibility as a True Stock car.
THIS IS WHAT COMES WITH THE SRT-4:
- high-capacity Sachs performance clutch.
-SRT tuned Tokico struts,
-larger sway bars front and rear
-entire powertrain (engine and transmission)
-turbocharged 2.4-liter inline-4 gasoline engine
-racing wheels
-Tuned through (Performance Vehicle Operations) tuner group
That's just performance.
you do realize that the type R isn't a 'typical' upgraded vehicle either right?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
You realize a Type R has

-upgraded brakes
-higher compression pistons
-ported head
-higher duration and lift cams
-high performance valve springs
-upgraded exhaust
-larger sway bar
-upgraded suspension
-better transmission
-limited slip diff
-lighter wheels
-better tires

etc.

That's typical? I don't see how the SRT would be modified but that is stock

chronsolo

MAD MAN
^hahahahaha^

an srt-4 is stock because it is an srt-4, not a neon.
an srt-4 with stage 3 FACTORY upgrades is not stock, because it didn't come with the car.
a neon with a turbo is a turbo neon, not an srt-4.

how old are you to be arguing with anybody about this, you have no point really

lowlyfe

def one of a kind
Choyoyoing I understand what your sayn, I look at it the same way, but those owners feels it's stock to them, but to some of us its just a modded verison of a base model car...

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
this thread fails epically

none of us care about some people in a srt-4 saying shit

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE CAR WAS MANUFACTURED WITH A ROTARY OR CAME WITH NITROUS OXIDE, AS LONG AS IT WAS MADE THAT WAY IN THE FACTORY IT IS REFEREED TO AS STOCK.
BY YOU'R LOGIC, IF ANY CAR THAT IS STOCK BEATS YOU...ITS NOT STOCK.... YOU MAKE NO SENSE..

/////////thread PLEASEE lol

Status
Not open for further replies.