Stiff coilovers?

Nick_C78

Here as the pictures you asked for:

As you can see there is no rubbing. The tires are also far from stretched. 15x8 wheels with 225/45 tires

95B18BTurbo

This is one of my Integra's, sitting on Function & Form Type 2's. The car is sitting all the way down on the height adjustment with 215/45/16 Ecsta XS's on 16x7 +40 wheels. The only part that rubs is the very outer edge on the fronts under full turn because of it being dumped. If the car was raised up just a little bit, it would remedy this. I also hammered flat the front pinch welds, and rolled the fenders.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

Thanks. You can go lower than that...yes?

Whats your offsets?
Uhh, yeah, it can go lower, but it is set to that ride height for performance. Creates a good suspension geometry and the car is corner balanced.

+36 Offset 8 inch wide.

Oh and that last picture is buttonwillow not chuckwalla

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
ill post my setup

koni sport yellow w/gc coilovers and extended top hats. i was talking with the dude about spring rates and gave him a rediculously high rate. he then informed me that i would blow the shocks because they couldnt handle that much. he then offered the stiffest rates the shocks could handle. i forget the number, but ill look at the springs next time the car is up in the air.

not fully dumped yet. still had an extra inch+ left

Sent from my Gameboy Color using NetZero.

Last edited:

themiller13

ill post my setup

koni sport yellow w/gc coilovers and extended top hats. i was talking with the dude about spring rates and gave him a rediculously high rate. he then informed me that i would blow the shocks because they couldnt handle that much. he then offered the stiffest rates the shocks could handle. i forget the number, but ill look at the springs next time the car is up in the air.

not fully dumped yet. still had an extra inch+ left

Sent from my Gameboy Color using NetZero.
I've got the same set up but I'm not that low (yet) I'm on 440/350. The highest Koni (non-race valved) is 500lbs

Nick_C78

He said he wanted it super stiff so that his kidney would shoot out of his ass. 440/350 will not do that, which means he needs higher rates, which in turn means he needs the race version. Keep up guys. Lol

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
^^^^lol, too funny :lol:
on another note, everyone here has been very helpful and thank you for the tips and schooling on suspension differences

I just read up on PIC select and they're the same price as GC/Koni Race. I narrowed it to 14k-12k front/10k-8k rear. Still not sure about the rear, as there is no wait in the back. I plan on either getting 2 10" subs or just 1 10" sub. Will that be a noticeable weight difference in the rear?

Anyone know anything about PIC SELECT coilovers?

95B18BTurbo, sweet setup and thanks for the tip

ill post my setup

Thats what Im talking about. I like this shot ;)

Do you bottom out or rub on big bumps? Why did you get extended top hats?

itzrivera

The weight in the back will definitely make a difference in the ride. And if your going to be low like coy then I can guarantee you will rub tires. I'm lower than his pic. that you quoted and I'm rubbing on turns. Running a 195/55/15. So, unless the 45 or the 40 is significantly lower than the 195/55 you will rub. Also, be prepared to ride on your uca.

OP are you going to daily this car?

Nick_C78

The weight in the back will definitely make a difference in the ride. And if your going to be low like coy then I can guarantee you will rub tires. I'm lower than his pic. that you quoted and I'm rubbing on turns. Running a 195/55/15. So, unless the 45 or the 40 is significantly lower than the 195/55 you will rub. Also, be prepared to ride on your uca.

OP are you going to daily this car?
How wide are your wheels and what offset? Mine don't rub on anything lol. And why are yours hitting your UCA? What is your alignment too.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
After a few days, eyes bugging out from reading the screen and skimming through all the BS posts. Found out why MonoTube(koni shocks) is better than TwinTube(PIC Select coilovers), which doesnt matter to me, as I will not track my car. Both would be suitable designs in my situation.
At first, I was skeptical with the 2 piece setup of Koni/GC, but found out its the best bang for the buck. Even though they are in the same price range, i want dependability.

Thanks for the tips and knowledge
Great community

Last edited:

Nick_C78

People hate on the koni gc combo for that reason a lot. "It isnt even real coilovers." Such an ignorant statement. Also, most people dont know the purpose of coilovers. It isn't to adjust ride height to where you want it. It is for suspension tuning, most importantly corner balancing.