Stormnorman's Build

stormnorman

RicardoFavela11: dude your car is sick! i love the jdm front ends. im actually thinking about buying a 3rd gen to DD and convert the front to jdm haha

stormnorman

hey guys its been awhile since ive updated. anyways heres the recap: basically my goal with this car is to have a reliable, quick Daily Driver. ive read that stock, and boosted, are alright some have lasted well to 2 years. anyways i got my ebay turbo kit( Godspeed set up) three months ago, boost goal is 8 ibs stock internals, maybe 10 and do some internal work i havent decided yet. i didnt want to F anything up figuring everything out alone lol so i payed my cousin about around 2g to help me with this build, adding eveything up to 2 gs- install was 1500, and included to make custom a custom dash so my boost guage, oil, air would be in the area of the ac vents in the middle, and fix the damage on my car with that price. (sister hit my car) and then found out that i had a head gasket leak from the previous owner, to hide the leak when selling he duct taped a rag on the back of the engine i guess?. my cousin was under the car found it and we were like wtf? so then he charged me 250 to the the headgasket and offered to take the head to the machine shop to get it port polished and all that good stuff. and then 450 on the tune, he use to work at most of the major dealerships, did quite a bit his tuner days, and knew some people so i had quite a few hookups lol. soo much hassle. but i started the set up prior to not knowing what i would need so i would be buying parts that weren't included, wait for shipping, same thing the next week, wait for shipping, wait for my pay check, order, wait for shipping. and on and on lol. so when you start a turbo build make sure you have everthing lol. it would of been soo much faster. however if i knew it would of taken about three months i would of bought my cousins fully built b20 vtec for 3k because 3 months is what he said how long the swap would take him, busy guy he is. anyways heres some pics prior up to how it sits now:

stormnorman

The Kit:

Turbo:

Preping the head:

Assembling. (Intercooler piping was cut to fit) and the garage was super cramped to work in

Last edited:

stormnorman

About a Week or 2 ago: (getting ready to go get tuned)

Now:

open wastegate=LOUD planning to custom bend/weld the dump tube in to the exhaust for 60$ at a1 muffler in everett, dump tube is pointing at my intercooler right now haha

Ebay BOV=gay, planning on getting a blitz BOV

decided to keep power steering lol

wiper fluid delete:

Last edited:

stormnorman

upon after tuning the car my cousin went to a private test track with his buddies. basically it was him(my integra at 7ibs) vs. Evo MR vs. WRX semi built vs. Audi S4 stock. well i beat the evo...lol jk the evo and wrx smoked my car, but beat the S4 it was just on the integra's tail though.

stormnorman

unfortunately im leaking oil. not an alarming rate. its still drivable but to prolong the oil level i had to set my boost lower to about 3-4 ibs. the leak is due to the oil feed line touching the wastegate dumptube: leaking where the metal braid ends you could just see where it got deformed from the heat:

stormnorman

now basically just waiting to order a new line, material to arrive so i can finish custom fitting my gauges in to the dash, finish up my leather seats, rims (ls Mesh getting powder coated gold for free), waiting to order a new MAF, and IACV, my car idle is still struggling, found out i need to replace those: about 600 bucks! take my car to have the dump pipe welded into the exhaust and then move on to other miscellaneous parts, new BOV, exhaust system, clutch, tires, ect.

Wickit

SoCal CB7
This car is a pretty big hassle for you huh? Lol looks nice though. Get those rims on asap.

Prozon

Kris
Are you running all the stuff that came with your kit? Mainly curious about the wastegate and oil lines?

stormnorman

This car is a pretty big hassle for you huh? Lol looks nice though. Get those rims on asap.
hell yeah it was a hassle haha. but yeah im throwin on some clean ls webs. my cousin is gonna powder coat them for free. i just dont know what though, gold? more silver? idk. however i wish id known what gsr blades looked like. i would of gotten those instead.

stormnorman

Are you running all the stuff that came with your kit? Mainly curious about the wastegate and oil lines?
yeah everything except i replaced the turbo timer. by the way our turbo timer harness is hella hard to find. i had my cousin find a dude to custom make it. and you will need a pigtail (hks universal harness) as well i just ordered one off ebay. lets see i also replaced the oil drain line with a heater hose from pep boys, i had to order more silicone couplers for when i had the intercooler piping cut, some more clamps and i think thats about it. oh and as for the downpipe i had to shave part of my lower core support off to make it fit. and if you want to keep power steering i had to get a custom power steering line made as replacement. i would also change the BOV, the oil feed line is alright but its 36'' isnt enough clearance from heat as what happened to mine. what im gonna do is go to Turbo Technology in Tacoma and have them custom make a new oil feed line for me something longer. for the wastegate id get another one like tial, turbosmart, i mean i kept mine off the ebay kit but my cousin said there alright you just need to do something with it. they took it apart and configured some things around with it..i dont really know the details but i did have to pay them 100 but i needed it done quick and didnt want to wait for dreaded shipping again for a tial wastegate lol. oh and DAY 3 lol i got a 20 dollar bet with my buddy that if my car doesnt poop before 2012 i win.

Last edited:

stormnorman

UPDATE:

Rims: LS WEBS

Before:

After:

- now all i need to do is save up for new tires+alighnment+ new outer tie rods.

HID:

6K:

Improving fitment:

- i now know why people use the 92-93 bumper when they turbo lol.