Strip and paint - Valve cover (Non V-Tec) B18B1

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Lol, nice. Don't get nosey dude.

If you aren't going to give me advice, then please go do something.
Getting your post count up trying to be cute in front of these other kids.

So, what advice have you?

My post count is high enough without commenting on your little painting thread.

My advice has already been given by others, use aircraft stripper and sand down between all coats of paint.

dlo253

Nosey? Did you not post this on an internet forum visible to the whole world practically? Lol, but I'm glad you redid it, it will probly last longer now..... need to paint mine dammit. Waiting on my milano red from my paint Guy. Base/clear ftw!

99TegLs

Yeah, defied..

I took the criticism only if you weren't a doucher about it. It's a forum, not a roasting session.
What a great way to welcome new members.

Anyways, I posted a "redo" so go criticize that really quick.
Poor kid. spend $40+ redoing his scrap job, and getting all butthurt at others. :lol:

NintyNineLs

OFWGKTA
Lol, what a joke. Now he thinks he hurting someone's feelings. Anyways, 40 bucks ? More like, 12 for paint and called it a day, haven't even used half a can. Where did your imaginary numbers come from kid. Rust oleum is cheap as heck, and it still looks good. Your mad.

NintyNineLs

OFWGKTA

My post count is high enough without commenting on your little painting thread.

My advice has already been given by others, use aircraft stripper and sand down between all coats of paint.
And that's exactly what I did if you haven't noticed. Which I'm sure you have, your just trying to upset someone. But I can tell you right now, you might as well stop. Definitely not working.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
And that's exactly what I did if you haven't noticed. Which I'm sure you have, your just trying to upset someone. But I can tell you right now, you might as well stop. Definitely not working.
Hence I didn't feel it necessary to remind you to do it, but did anyway since you asked :p And I ain't trying to piss anyone off champ, just take a chill pill and finish your valve cover. Feel free to PM me if you're still upset so we can keep this thread on topic

Last edited:

Jay417

Beast From The East

Dude u cant take stuff to the butt. We all here like to joke around. So with that in mind,

LMAO!!!!

j13

Keep It Clean
You should have stripped off all the paint, than primer, paint, an use a matte clear coat. Matte will make it look textured kinda like krinckle

NintyNineLs

OFWGKTA
You should have stripped off all the paint, than primer, paint, an use a matte clear coat. Matte will make it look textured kinda like krinckle
Thank you for using your head and bringing the topic back up, instead of being a trusty old keyboard warrior.

Anyways, for the third or fourth time..
I stripped everything off in the redo, but would the matte stand the heat and last a while ?

zenney

Banned
wow... at least show the guy some love. he tried... people learn from their mistakes. he will eventually make a better valve cover.. no lie m yfirst time was shitty even a few times after that. dont use paint thinner bro.

1-use aircraft remover let is sit for 20-30 mins

2- spray it off with a hose while using a metal brush clean the remaining gunk and coat off.

3- then bake it for 2 min in 350 degree then let it cool down

4- then primer then let it cure for 5 min where there's no dirt of debris

5- then use high temp paint on it then cure it in oven again for 2 mins.

6- post up completion.

thats the way to do it. but best way is to sand blast it then bring it to powder coat shop.

THERES A SAYING!! ( YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR)

NintyNineLs

OFWGKTA
wow... at least show the guy some love. he tried... people learn from their mistakes. he will eventually make a better valve cover.. no lie m yfirst time was s***ty even a few times after that. dont use paint thinner bro.

1-use aircraft remover let is sit for 20-30 mins

2- spray it off with a hose while using a metal brush clean the remaining gunk and coat off.

3- then bake it for 2 min in 350 degree then let it cool down

4- then primer then let it cure for 5 min where there's no dirt of debris

5- then use high temp paint on it then cure it in oven again for 2 mins.

6- post up completion.

thats the way to do it. but best way is to sand blast it then bring it to powder coat shop.

THERES A SAYING!! ( YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR)
As far as "getting what I pay for" that's no problem. I'll purchase whatever paint and whatever other shit I have to.

I did use stripper.

Baked it at 400 (from another guide)
Then blasted it with primer.

Baked it at 400 again and slapped it down in the garage to cool down.

And that's as good as I have been able to get it to look so far.
Have consider using "VHT wrinkle" or whatever in a different color.

As far as powder coat goes, I think I'll hold off until I find a color im going to stick with.

I have yet to receive the manifold, intake, or hoses I ordered on Sunday, so I don't know what my bay will look like after all that is installed.

Tok1nT3g

FOOLY MATIC
not bad but some midtakes were made as mentioned, i did my vc bout a year back and i used airplane striper and it works good as fuk apply and wipe all it took//