stripped lug nut in small space, how to remove?

smellyda

See if u can't pound like a 1/2 ins ratchet extension in to them or something like that just an idea

Malesso671

Is there any way to get them off without having to replace the wheel studs? If not and I do have to replace them, i'm gonna have to replace the wheel bearings too?

Nick_C78

Yes, if you have to replace the front studs, you have to replace the wheel bearing too.

Another idea would be to weld a ratchet extension on to the stripped lugs. You'll ruin the extension, but it'll ultimately be cheaper than replacing the studs and wheel bearings. Plus you only have to ruin 1 extension because you can just cut it off of the lug when it is removed and then weld it on to the next lug. It won't ruin the studs either if you do it right.

Last edited:

Malesso671

Yes, if you have to replace the front studs, you have to replace the wheel bearing too.

Another idea would be to weld a ratchet extension on to the stripped lugs. You'll ruin the extension, but it'll ultimately be cheaper than replacing the studs and wheel bearings. Plus you only have to ruin 1 extension because you can just cut it off of the lug when it is removed and then weld it on to the next lug. It won't ruin the studs either if you do it right.
Okay so think i'm gonna drill them out tomorrow, do you know a good guide or tutorial for taking off the wheel bearings and studs then replacing them?

emd513

If you don't have access to a welder go to your local muffler shop and see how much they will charge you to weld something on and you can take them off but make sure you have new ones to go on afterwards. And get the kind that are splined outside instead of that Allen wrench crap. I think there like 34.99 at autozone believe but double check there the 12x1.5 lugs

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2