Suggested Header for 99' Acura Integra LS

94RS

No fucks given.
That's also based on a brand new 5 speed.

Automatics are almost always slower in street cars. Plus I'm fairly certain Ganyon's car has 80k+ miles.

randomhobo

automagic user
That's also based on a brand new 5 speed.

Automatics are almost always slower in street cars. Plus I'm fairly certain Ganyon's car has 80k+ miles.
If I get the chance I'll time my 197,934mile RS (also auto)

Nick_C78

The header will alter harmonics, thats about it.

Accept your car for what it is. It is an auto LS. Which means it is the luxury, go to the grocery store model. You won't get much power out of it with bolt ons. Spend your money on other things like maintenance, suspension, and cosmetics. You will be a lot happier in the end.

randomhobo

automagic user
A header doesn't give you sound. That's a combination of the entire exhaust, primarily the muffler.
Agreed, but assuming the muffler and or catback has been changed, changing the header will make affffect exhaust note/tone/BBBWWWWAAAAAHHHHHH

Murphy

Meat Master
I would just keep the stock headers and use your money for maintenance. At some point your stock exhaust may need to be replaced due to rust, I'd make the decision then whether or not to get new headers (and probably a new cat) then, because you can do it all at one time. Welding is going to have to be done when you switch out the headers and the cat, so it would be best to sort out the entire exhaust system then.

If your system doesn't need to be replaced I would take off each bit, clean it out and repaint it. Cleaning out the cat will make the most difference in horsepower gains, and you get to keep the entire system bolt-on.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Agreed, but assuming the muffler and or catback has been changed, changing the header will make affffect exhaust note/tone/BBBWWWWAAAAAHHHHHH
Yes because youre altering the flow which changes how the muffler outputs sound but bottom line, its still the muffler. Change between headers of the same size and you wont hear much change. Or switch header sizes on a oe muffler. Still nothing. :mrgreen: