Super Sexy Slammed: Helpful Hints/Tips

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
they're good.. but people usually go with koni yellow/g.c. coilover setup. but theres nothing wrong with those.

if you go more than 2" on adjustable shocks, i highly suggest getting the extended top hats from ground control as well

extended top had and oem top hat

The middle part of the extended top hat is "taller", and just happens to be big enough to allow for the shock body to slide into it. That is not coincidence. Because of this extra room, when you hit that "good sized bump" your shock body now has the extra room it needs to travel to not hit the top hat.

Last edited:

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
ahhhh, yeah i would imagine that as far as suspension goes koni would be a better bet over skunk but there looks to be a big price difference. Yeah those tops seem to be a very good idea. Plus they would look pretty bad ass lol

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
ahhhh, yeah i would imagine that as far as suspension goes koni would be a better bet over skunk but there looks to be a big price difference. Yeah those tops seem to be a very good idea. Plus they would look pretty bad ass lol
ehh.. they're aight.. LOL!!

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
well now I'm just leaning towards full coilover system, sounds easier, order that take it to the shop and pick it up.

jason.az1

I'm lost!
What do you guys do with the "pinch weld" inside the fender well that sits on top of the tire?
I took a hammer to it and bent it over a little bit do you guys normally take a grinder to it?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
Why take it to a shop? Save some money and do it yourself.

And about that pinch weld on top of wheel. Just keep hammering it. Use a punch or some type of solid rod if needed. If you grind it, you gotta reweld it.

00GSRfullbuild

question how easy is it to crack your oil pan? and i know there are such things as oil pan covers but are there ones for integras?
I crack mine and was just going threw the gas station, had to avoid yet another idiot driving that shouldnt be, ran over the fill tank caps n crack, right in the middle, about 2 inchs long. So i would say very easy, i wasnt doing 5mph....gas station

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
I crack mine and was just going threw the gas station, had to avoid yet another idiot driving that shouldnt be, ran over the fill tank caps n crack, right in the middle, about 2 inchs long. So i would say very easy, i wasnt doing 5mph....gas station
we should start a cracked/broken oil pan thread/crew :x

da1prettyboii

i just slammed my car and the jack stuck under the car haha......how do you guys jack up the car, do you drive up on wood then put the jack under??????

jason.az1

I'm lost!
i just slammed my car and the jack stuck under the car haha......how do you guys jack up the car, do you drive up on wood then put the jack under??????
lol Im not super low but I cant get my jack under my car with out drving up on brick steps
they always makes shit easier when lifting your car