Suspension set up

chuckklez

I was planing on getting skunks 2 camber kits (pro series plus for the fronts), function 7 rear lca and subframe brace, skunk2 strut bars, and skunk2 pro c coilovers. What do you guys think? I am probably going to go with either type r or asr for the sway bars later.

Basik1104

I got koni yellow/gc 440/350 extended top hats front and rear, gc bump stop on all 4, $1054 shipped from ground control after discount. If you call them they might be able to hook you up. They're a real good company with customer support for sure
Oh hells yea I was going to call them because I wanted custom springs but I didn't think they would give u a discount.

You said u have 440/350 how does that ride/feel on the street and highway?

How dropped are you?

Basik1104

I was planing on getting skunks 2 camber kits (pro series plus for the fronts), function 7 rear lca and subframe brace, skunk2 strut bars, and skunk2 pro c coilovers. What do you guys think? I am probably going to go with either type r or asr for the sway bars later.
I have read that the subframe brace is pointless if you don't buy the sway bar at the same time. I would say that you wait on the subframe and get the ASR subframe/sway bar combo. I've read in different threads that it's I a very good combo. This is just my opinion.

chuckklez

What about the skunk2 pro c coilovers, I haven't heard much about them as far as quality is concerned. A few people I know have the gc/koni setup so I was thinking about trying something different.

jbrown97ls

Don't bother. I have the pros2s (a step below the proc) and one shit out like 5 days after warranty with me only driving highway and no autox or hpde's. The deal they gave to replace the coil over was terrible and I will be upgrading to buddy clubs as soon as I finish some other stuff.

Basik1104

What about the skunk2 pro c coilovers, I haven't heard much about them as far as quality is concerned. A few people I know have the gc/koni setup so I was thinking about trying something different.
Yea I agree with jbrown I've heard a lot of bar reviews from friends that used them.
From what I heard and read koni/GC is the best way to go.

jbrown97ls

Yea I agree with jbrown I've heard a lot of bar reviews from friends that used them.

From what I heard and read koni/GC is the best way to go.

They aren't the worst option, obviously, but I wasn't too impressed. Might as well save up a little more and get better quality

chuckklez

I have heard really good things about the pro c coilovers because from what I have heard they are like night and day compared to the pro s 2s. Anyone that has the pro c coilovers or no someone with them have any input. I just don't want to scratch those off the list based off a cheaper non adjustable set of coilovers.

Basik1104

They aren't the worst option, obviously, but I wasn't too impressed. Might as well save up a little more and get better quality
True. I was running tein I forgot witch were they on my EVO 8 and I love them they were around $1200.

I was reading on a different site that AMR are really good and they have lifetime warranty but those are $1000+ too.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

I have heard really good things about the pro c coilovers because from what I have heard they are like night and day compared to the pro s 2s. Anyone that has the pro c coilovers or no someone with them have any input. I just don't want to scratch those off the list based off a cheaper non adjustable set of coilovers.
A buddy of mine went from the Pro C to the Koni Race with ground controls and it was a MAJOR improvement he said. Way smoother because of the better valving. He isn't just some smuck either, he is a really fast track guy who got 2:01 at buttonwillow with a nonvtec LS motor. He just recently joined this forum name is Spitfire805.

chuckklez

A buddy of mine went from the Pro C to the Koni Race with ground controls and it was a MAJOR improvement he said. Way smoother because of the better valving. He isn't just some smuck either, he is a really fast track guy who got 2:01 at buttonwillow with a nonvtec LS motor. He just recently joined this forum name is Spitfire805.
okay, cool I'll look into those because I am planing to build my car for 500 whp in the near future so I want something reliable.