Synthetic or conventional oil?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
they came from factory on conventional oil, i would use synthetic if you do any sort of motorsport or drive the car hard.

TEG.

bumping threadddd .

Can i go from synthetic oil to regular oil ??? I change oil every 5k, so if im flushing it out every 2months or so , would it be ok to change oil types so im not burning holes in my wallet ?

Ganyon

I switched back to regular oil only because my motor burns it like nuts

TEG.

im burning oil too ! -_-
well at least i know now i can switch over to reg. i keep putting in synthetic and then topping it up a litre at about half way to my next oil change.

Nick_C78

You can switch back. The only time it is an issue is if you keep switching back and forth. If you switch and then keep it consistent for a few months, then you will be fine.

Nick_C78

im burning oil too ! -_-
well at least i know now i can switch over to reg. i keep putting in synthetic and then topping it up a litre at about half way to my next oil change.
A honda burning oil just means it is alive. lol

Ganyon

Not when you go through 2 quarts of oil every thousand miles. Luckily lucas oil stabalizer is helping with the oil burning. Replace a quart of oil with that and see how it works.

96GSRteg

Tyler
There is absolutely no issue with switching between the two. You can mix any combination that you want.

Sent from my toilet

OLDSKOOLACURA

Not when you go through 2 quarts of oil every thousand miles. Luckily lucas oil stabalizer is helping with the oil burning. Replace a quart of oil with that and see how it works.
What the Fuck!? Are you racing the car?

Posted from my garage

Nick_C78

Rings, guides, valve seals....yeah your car probably needs a complete overhaul with that much oil consumption lol