taillights wont turn off

91integraracer

Im lovin it
last night when i went outside, my brake light(taillights) were on. i pushed in the brake pedal in, still on. the only way i got it to turn off was by removing the battery. how can i get them off??

kcombs

GS=goes slow
pull up on your brake pedal to see if it clicks or not. if not than you have to replaces the brake switch witch is somewhat easy.

kcombs

GS=goes slow
its called a stop light switch.
it mounts to the brake pedal. sometimes the firewall. just look at the brake pedal and you should see it.

91integraracer

Im lovin it
no. i didnt even know until i went outside and saw them on. i did swap my newer stereo out of my other car into this one but since they both jvc(the best cd players) i just had to unpug and plug. could that have caused a short somewhere??

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
if you pulled any other wires out, maybe.

It could be a short to ground anywhere tho... I guess you could replace the switch and if that doesn't help it check for a short.

Only reason I say it might be a short instead is because in the shop we get cars that don't turn on the brake lights instead of keeping them on.. Who knows tho. :what:

91integraracer

Im lovin it
i used to have a 93 accord and the same thing happened to it a couple of days after i bought it. its kinda like deja vu cuz i just got this integra and the same problem. o well, seems like an easy fix