tech Question

uso_Dc

ok just to put everyone on the same page...

the wheel bearing is no longer the problem...

i will check the lca but doubt it cuz the other knuckle i have was fine but wheel bearing was bad thats y i had a new one.

uso_Dc

I know this post is super old but if anyone out there is having this issue i figured it out. Just updating threads. Lol

So anyways, the sedan knuckle to the 2 door is a lil different. Same part numbers for some reason but after replacing with a few known good parts i ended up finding a knuckle off a obd2 db7 at the wreckimg yard. The sedan worked and was perfect.... the 2 door knuckles were the ones giving me problems. You guys can argue that they are all the same but by trial and error that is my conclusion and what worked.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
You guys can argue that they are all the same but by trial and error that is my conclusion and what worked.
The argument of part numbers is usually king, but in some cases parts with the same part numbers are different. This can be because of different revision levels between parts, or even part number suffixes that are used internally with one company and not recognized by another.

I have worked on parts for the '15 Mustang and '14 Corvette convertible tops and revision levels for parts were a big deal. They are not usually stamped on the part and usually require a lot of experience working with the parts to differentiate between revision levels.
I have also dealt with the part number suffixes, like a part number 111111-A2 is used by the supplier and the customer company does not recognize the A2 suffix, the customer company can simply drop the A2 suffix. As long as the parts are not going to the same location there won't be a problem. The extra information lost with the suffix can be placed on a shipping label on a container of parts rather than the part itself.