Ted's Owner is back in the Honda game -- Nick's '95 Integra LS hatchback

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
Got a lot more done on the 'Teg today.
With help from my buddy's Victor and John, a.k.a, 'Zero' (have yet to figure that one out), we aired up the tires (29psi front per door recommendation, 35psi rear for better turn-in), bled the cooling system, topped off the coolant, adjusted my fast idle valve and throttle cable, put in a new air filter (got a genuine OEM Honda filter with 2k miles on it for free, so I'm definitely not complaining), pulled the silencer out of the intake tube and filled the hole with epoxy (a medicine bottle lid was a perfect fit, so I epoxied around it and on top of it to fill the space and when it dries, I'm going to paint it black to match the intake tube), pulled the front bumper off and zip stitched the two cuts in the bumper, re-finished my headlights with Meguiar's Plast-X, painted the face of my muffler, and washed the car.
Not bad for about 4-hours worth of work, 'eh? :)
Pictures:

Zip stitching

+ polished headlights

New air filter + air intake tube silencer delete

Muffler taped + muffler after

---

Now, I gotta wait for the epoxy to dry, then I'm going to spray paint it with leftover gloss black engine paint from my last Integra's valve cover, let it dry, and then It's going back on the car. :)
Tomorrow, it's getting tags.

celticsoul93

Ive never seen zipstiching I like it though good job on ur work keep it up

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Ted's Owner

Charly[horse];1331687 said:
Looks a lot better!
Thanks! It feels a lot better.
Is the pinstripe factory? I just noticed that its on the hatch too.
I'm pretty sure it is. I don't think it's been repainted. It's got some spray paint touch ups (not too excited about that, but it works), but I think the rest is factory.
Ive never seen zipstiching I like it though good job on ur work keep it up
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Thanks! Got another update coming in a few. :D

Ted's Owner

Update:
Finished and re-installed the intake. It sounds amazing for the stock intake. For those who want to try it, I took the lid off of it, pulled the resonator box and the airhorn out from under the car, then I pulled the intake off and pulled the silencer out of the intake tubing. I sealed the hole with a medicine bottle cap, then put a layer of epoxy over that, then cut out a 'gasket' out of cardboard and spray painted it with gloss black engine paint. It looks factory.

My PW:JDM gunmetal cam seal cap washers, BWR neo chrome cam seal, and BWR magnetic drain plug kit came in today. I'm just waiting on the dizzy o-ring now.

PW:JDM decals that came with the cam seal cap washers

Ted's Owner

Went ahead and installed the cam seal and cam seal cap studs and washers.
Before:

Old vs. new:

Fresh after installation. This was before I cleaned off the cam seal.

Spark plugs. They still looked decent, so they went back in for now. The previous owner went with NGK coppers.

Cleaned up in the bay a little bit.

Ted's Owner

Not bad, not bad. Lol
Doing the best I can with only being allowed maintenance until it's paid off. :p
Next up is the dizzy o-ring... whenever it gets here.
Plus, I'm getting an alignment Friday provided I get paid enough.