Teggykid Log

rnhib25

ricer all day
dude i followed your build on teamintegra..shits dope. didnt it break down on you on the side of the road?

Teggykid952

Well my dad went to Steve's today to work on the car. He sent me these pics while I was at school today. They are in the process of welding it right now. Finally getting some of the final body work done!

Teggykid952

They finished most of it today, but ran out of wire. I assume he's going to try to pick some up tomorrow and finish what's left. Once that's done and its sanded/grinded down, it should start getting blocked. Afterwards primer, then paint! Sometime soon we are probably going to take the seats to the shop along with the steering wheel, tails, ect. Right now I'm working on getting a job so I can buy a 300ex quad, but what other money I have is going into headlights, headliner material, carpet kit, and whatever else I need.

Teggykid952

Well finally got some good going in this project! Went to Steve's yesterday. We took all the sh*t out of the car except for the driver seat. We blew it off to get all the dust and whatnot off because he was planning on priming it yesterday. BUT, there was hail damage on the roof, and seeing as that's going to be painted black, he has got to fix it really good. He threw some filler (I guess that's what you call it) when we left so it would be dry when he get's back. He'll block it a couple times and when it's done it'll be getting primed. He told me he should have it primed on Monday and paint following I guess whenever the primer is dry. But I got some pics on my phone when I was there of some progress. Be looking forward to my car being done with paint in the next week or so!

Teggykid952

Whole car is primed. A little more hail damage on roof found, but fixed. Only thing is wetsanding now then it's good for paint! But dad's heading out of town next week so he may not have time to work on it. Maybe looking at one week later.

Teggykid952

Couple more pics. Looks like Steve decided to start wetsanding. I'm not really sure, but he knows what he's doing.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
i like that your working on it yourself, thats respectable. and 4 dr love :)

FODOMOHO

Teggykid952

Some more work done! Dad went on over to Steve's today and they started on the doors. Well, Steve did. Fenders are on! Now it looks like it's starting to take shape! Ready for this to be done! More updates probably this weekend!

Teggykid952

Alright, well they finished the outer sides of the doors (wetsanding) so they are good to go. The plan is to have the car completely painted by next Thursday (or on next Thursday, I don't remember) because Steve is going to be going out of town for a while. I'm really looking forward to the car being done! The paint is just going to be Milano Red with black moldings (the door things, is that what they are called? I forget). Anyway so just mark your calendar for 5/20/10 and come on over and check the site and see if it actually got finished, haha.

Also, when I'm done painting I have to put it all back together. It's probably goig to take a couple days so I'm probably going to be on here asking where stuff goes in case we have forgotten.

Teggykid952

The time has finally arrived! Today was an exciting day! The body has been painted along with the outside of the doors. The fenders, hood, and front and rear bumpers are going to be done this week sometime. Also looking forward to that. I'll just get on with the pics though and explain as I go. :p

How we first saw it, all taped up.

Didn't expect the doors to be painted, but they were!

And some up close shots.

Parts being painted and touched up.

Headliner material.

Seals/more parts.

Teggykid952

Couple more pics.

Removing the old headliner.

*NOTE* the paint still has to be wetsanded and buffed so this isn't the final product. More updates either tomorrow or Monday!

Teggykid952

Just got back from Steve's. We got the headliner done! Looks pretty good. Also threw on my tails and headlights to see what they'd look like. Was going to put my wheels on but left my lugs and rings at home [:p] . Tomorrow I'll put them on I guess. Not sure what we are going to do tomorrow. Depends what Steve is doing. He's getting back from the beach today so he'll be there tomorrow. Anyways here are some pics!

Teggykid952

Just got back. We are thinking that the smoking has something to do with the hoses running everywhere on my engine. The ones I'm talking about are the ones near the IM. We tried puttin them back to where we think they go, but I need to get a Helms manual to be sure. But in other news we got the sunroof thing wrapped (sliding thing that blocks out sun, I'm not really sure what it's called) and the glass and all back in. Started wetsanding the inner doors so they can be repainted.