Teggykid Log

Teggykid952

*UPDATE*

Steve painted the rest of the body parts today. So when we go this weekend we will be hanging the doors, and putting on everything else. Aligning it is gonna suck. If all goes smoothly, which it never does, I might be able to have it home Sunday. Can anyone confirm if I am going to need anything since I switched from the 90-91 bumper to the 92-93 bumper?

Teggykid952

Gonna hang the doors first this weekend, so I'll most likely have it home Sunday. Doors, hood, and trunk lid are basically all I really HAVE to put on. I can leave off the bumper skins and just throw them in the Jeep if we run out of time. Also started my first day of work Wednesday. 24 hours a week on minimun wage isn't much, but at least I'm exempt from taxes because I'm a student [:D]. Missed the dealine to get paid this week, and I get paid every two weeks, so not next week, but the week after I will get paid. Finally have some cash to put in my baby! Holding off on buying any unnessesary parts this summer, unless I manage to get it where I need it.

Teggykid952

Well just got back a little bit ago. Definitely the best day so far! Looks good from the outside, but man, the inside is going to be a bitch. My 92-93 front bumper when on after a lot of swearing, forceful pushing, and cutting down the dreaded styrofoam. Although I found out my tail lights won't fit, and neither will my rear bumper, it was a good day. I now have two sets of tails for sale if anyone is interested. Have some 2 door 50/50 tails, mint, and some 92-93 DB1 tails, near perfect condition! I'm more upset that I couldn't have those tails rather than them not fitting. Buty on to the pics! [:)]

Teggykid952

*UPDATE*

Got some crappy news guys. When Steve painted my fenders and doors, he had the fenders hanging and the doors laid flat. So when he sprayed, the flakes layed down different on each, causing my fenders to looked a lighter red than my doors at most angles. So the fenders and the two front doors have to be repainted. He also wasn't to happy to find out I had the wrong rear bumper. Only good news is I'm getting my money back for the rear bumper.

Teggykid952

Well all good now. The paint is corrected ans Steve started buffing one of the doors. Definitely looks better. Moving on! Todat go bought a driver side inner fender, and driver side tail light. We installed all the glass and polished/buffed the headlights and tails. Now we are pretty much just waiting for the buffing and wetsanding to be done, then all the trim will go on. After that in goes the carpet, seats, door planels, panels, stereo wiring, speakers, fiberglass, ect ect. It never ends does it?

Teggykid952

*UPDATE*

Well Steve finished buffing today! Said it's super shiny now. Also mentioned that some of the people who have their cars there as well said it didn't even look like the same car anymore, haha. Probably going to pick it up tomorrow. I also got my tag and now the title is in both my dad's and my name. Once I get paid friday I have to pay my dad back for the tag, carpet, bumper lights, and paintballs, haha. Got back into playing again with a couple of my friends behind one of thier neighborhoods. He's got an old course back there we use and are working on fixing up.

Teggykid952

*UPDATE*

Well, after months and months of hard work, it (mostly) paid off! It's not quite done but it's nice just to have her at the house. Driving went pretty well. Opened her up a bit with some fresh 93 octane and Lucas injector cleaner. Definitely needs to be aligned, has a strange sound coming from rear right side (I'm guess the wheel or spring) when I turn or brake, but not all the time? Check engine light is on, but I'm guessing it's just my vacuum lines that aren't hooked up right, haha. We'll be checking it tomorrow. Need some clips for some of the trim pieces, but most of them are on. Well anyways I could go on and on about what it needs, so here are some pics to see for yourself!

Teggykid952

*Update*

Alright well some stuff done. Cleaned all the crap out of the car and vacuumed it. We have polished it about two more times. You were right though, polish then wax, haha. I just got confused. Right now we put some oil cleaner in it to help loosen all the oil up since it sat for so long. We have some Castrol oil, full synthetic, new oil pan gasket (head gasket is the one leaking oil), oil filter, and new vacuum hoses. Also picked up a manual so I can have something to look at. I might put up some pics in a little while, kinda tired though. Oh, and I got my first paycheck today!

Teggykid952

Took the header and collector off. Threw some JB weld Industrial strength on them to fix the cracks. Finished with the oil filter and oil change. Didn't change the oil pan gasket yet. Not sure if we will since that's not what is leaking. Probably going to have my dad's friend Juice come over and help us pull the head and change the gasket and maybe the piston rigs (might as well right?). Progress is coming along!

Teggykid952

Ok... Well the header and collector are back on. I THINK I have the vacuum lines right now, even though I had to make some changes. Gave the car a good spray down with the pressure washer and degreased the engine bay. Just gotta wait for the carpet and inside of the car to dry. Now my battery light comes on? It isn't solid though, it kinda flickers. Any ideas? Figured some water is in something and just needs to dry.

Car does seem to run smoother now with the oil changed. Definitely smoking a lot less. I was going to take some pics of it outside but then it started storming. Maybe I'll take some if it stops.

Teggykid952

Alright well a couple more things done. I'll explain as I go along.

Took the VC off the get the plastic stuff off the side, I don't remember why.

Just a pic of work.

Painted the inside with some sealant stuff

Changed up the intake pipe a little.

Fixed the rust that was there. Also fixed the battery trat too, though not pictured.

Intake after I went and bought a coupler.

New ground.

Basically what most of your interior would look like in a pile.

Another new ground.

Carpet and trunk pieces cleaned.

Small photoshoot! Still needed to be polished in a couple places on the doors and also painted towards the underside of the car.

Teggykid952

There is a lot of work that has been done that isn't pictured. Like painting the fender wells with the same sealant stuff and running new battery wires and new wire from alternator. Baically lots of little things I dont remember, but will try to and then take picstures of! :)

Teggykid952

Ran the speaker wire and RCA's today. Also started putting the interior back together. Well, only the pieces that wouldn't get in the way while we finish the stereo. Still need some metal pieces that support the back seat? I got a panel for the back and it's obviously wissing the piece. Probably pick them up sometime this week.

Teggykid952

Alright well today not too much done. Put some more panels back in along with my passenger seat. Also put the horn back on my steering wheel. Don't have a clock spring yet, but I got sick of looking at it like that. Also put the steering column plastic covers on too.

Ordered the left and right motor mounts, though the guy gave us the wrong ones. Also still haven't gotten my turn signals yet... Stupid Oreilly's.