The economy sucks!! v.list the stores you know are going out of business

Vanessa

is here for decoration.
This lady who came into my work today said "Circuit City" (in Lake Charles) has a sign they are closing. I know it's happened everywhere else but finally happened here. Also, she said "Goody's" (clothing store) is going out of business too!! Lame!! :evil:

TegyDriverYaDig

i drive YA DIGGG
nahh they mark up prices and pretend there on sale
fuck those ass holes there just like car dealers. but theres a new law supposedly coming out part of the bail out so that dealers cant do that

Vanessa

is here for decoration.
From another source:

Sharper Image and Bombay are both going for sure. I'm 98% sure Brookstone got saved by a merger/buyout. Mervyn's, Talbots, Wilson's Leather, and Freidmen's were others that I heard rumored at some point but I don't know the truth in those.
And of course, Linens-N-Things, but I'm pretty damn sure EVERYONE knew that one already

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
Circut City is done. both of them here were packed with people buying everything. THey announded it yesterday. So my gf and myself went to one this morning and even most of the Display modles had been sold.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
The way I look at this is the economy doesn't suck as bad as the CEOs of major corporations suck. These are people that make more money in a day than most people see in a couple years. These are people who real in insane bonuses while failing to keep the best interests of the business at mind, alter their business methods and change their products/marketing to keep up with the times.

The US auto market is a disgrace. For years, they neglected the fact that they must look into more fuel-efficient vehicles and begin to convert their plants to be able to do just that. The nerve of them to show up and ask for money in their private planes.....

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
greed has taken its toll on the economy. banks giving money that should have never been given. people buying more than they could afford.the more i read about it the harder it is for me to believe what has happened.we have a long way to go and our new prez deffinately has his work cut out for him. we stil live in the richest country in the world. unfortunately we all have to suffer.when i walk through the mall its hard to believe all the empty stores.

Teg96

i only feel bad for the people that depended on the jobs to maintain their lifestyle....i can care less bout the CEO's, they got what was coming to them, now they gonna see how real hard working people struggle through life...

Vanessa

is here for decoration.
i only feel bad for the people that depended on the jobs to maintain their lifestyle....i can care less bout the CEO's, they got what was coming to them, now they gonna see how real hard working people struggle through life...
That's exactly how I feel..

SLV_DB7

greed has taken its toll on the economy. banks giving money that should have never been given. people buying more than they could afford.the more i read about it the harder it is for me to believe what has happened.we have a long way to go and our new prez deffinately has his work cut out for him. we stil live in the richest country in the world. unfortunately we all have to suffer.when i walk through the mall its hard to believe all the empty stores.

+1 exactly how i feel.

Greed started it.

From what i understand Best Buy is hurting too, but they are waiting untill Circuit city goes under to see if they can stay up after that

acurals209

SYNDICATE 4 EVR
Yeah circuit city was a joke to begin with i used to work there were they were still making comission then they fired all there top sellers basically all te knoledgable people. and they brought on board a bunch of hourly retard plus the management there sucked they only tought about short term profit not longterm and look at them now