The Forced Induction Thread - Boost Whores Get In Here!

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Of course I meant once you're getting up there.
I know a stock Honda can take it. I never said it couldn't, what is your debate?
It all depends how much.

Tuning is key, am I wrong?
For the head to remain fairly reliable with less chances of jacking it up. I really don't understand your debate here.
its like getting a racing timing belt or using more expensive oil, its not needed. It might give you some small gains but its not necessary at all

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
your head will not get any more jacked up if there would happen to be catastrophic failure than if it were NA, thus making his point null.

Cripton805

what do you mean by "getting up there"?
Too much boost for the stock parts to handle.
I would imagine that stock valve springs and retainers couldn't handle the power once you start going for more boost pressure.

What is your goal? What are you trying to prove? Enough questions already?
It seems like all your doing is asking questions about a topic that was completely irrelevant to another topic.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
I spose just be careful with them ebay turbos. Those seals dont like pressure at all :D

My roomate started his and just drove it down the street and his seals blew.

Nowadays you can find used turbos for a good price however. I strongly recommend it.

and a thumbs up on the crower cam idea, though Id throw them in even for 350whp haha.
yeah im constantly looking for a good used one. and i know, i have a oil Restrictor in my feed line lol

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
I would imagine that stock valve springs and retainers couldn't handle the power once you start going for more boost pressure.

It seems like all your doing is asking questions about a topic that was completely irrelevant to another topic.
Boost has nothing to do with it. you can up the boost however many pounds you want and NOTHING will happen to your valvetrain is the point im trying to make.

BOOST IS IRRELEVANT.

Im asking questions so I can see what you think you know about FI before you spread around misinformation. Trying to prove to you, that what youre saying is wrong.

There are completely stock hondas making 500-700. YES STOCK. Where are their head modifications?

Heres the answer: they have none.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND

its common knowledge, heads can handle power. The main things that damage heads are over revving and incorrect timing/timing belt breaking.

stop the incessant arguing..

Cripton805

your head will not get any more jacked up if there would happen to be catastrophic failure than if it were NA, thus making his point null.
When the heck did I say that you will have more chances of failure than N/A? Please quote that.
All I said was that both engines need to be reinforced to prevent failure.
N/A or F/I

First thing I said Quote
On your F/i setup, it's VERY important to build that bottom end and top. Having a balance to run the turbo. Because you will blow something if you're running to high and something isn't built. Of course you know that tuning is key since you're boosted.

Once you starting running so much pressure into your engine, and all you do is build the block, and leave the head completely stock, you can run the risk of damaging something because that engine is running hard. "if you race"

A well built engine can last quite some time unless you don't take proper precautions.
Every engine is different depending on the setup / maintenance / how you drive it, etc...

Once again
So I guess guy from nerk wasted his money building that head... well to get "more" power.
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=52998

Last edited:

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
but the thing is he wont blow anything in the head.. unless he gets over 700hp

A guy i know ran 400hp on a stock gsr motor for a year with no problems, then built the same motor and ran 600hp

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
When the heck did I say that you will have more chances of failure than N/A? Please quote that.
you didnt. Im saying that the chances of anything happening to a head that is on a turbo car isnt any greater than something happening to the head on an NA car because the head is irrelevant in FI.

All I said was that both engines need to be reinforced to prevent failure.
N/A or F/I
this is debateable because there are plenty of people making it into the 500s and 600s on stock motor B series, please look it up.

Or you can rephrase it into, both engines should be reinforced to make it more reliable in NA or FI . Technically you dont NEED to do anything to the block.

First thing I said Quote
On your F/i setup, it's VERY important to build that bottom end and top. Having a balance to run the turbo. Because you will blow something if you're running to high and something isn't built. Of course you know that tuning is key since you're boosted.
define balance to run the turbo? Im on a pretty much stock head running turbo, should I take off my turbo kit?

Once you starting running so much pressure into your engine, and all you do is build the block, and leave the head completely stock, you can run the risk of damaging something because that engine is running hard.
what is "so much pressure"? PSI? PSI is not universal. If a GT28RS is @ 20lbs of "pressure" is it the same as a GT4088r @ 20psi? Do you understand what im saying now?

Is there a magic number where there is too much pressure for the head to supposedly handle? Will my springs and retainers buckle @ 25lbs? 30lbs?

Do you understand that what youre saying doesnt make sense.
[/QUOTE]

A car does not grenade because of "pressure/psi" however you want to put it. A motor fails because of the power it is put under, not the "pressure".

Ill say it all over again. PSI is NOT UNIVERSAL, PSI is irrelevant.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
Once again
So I guess guy from nerk wasted his money building that head... well to get "more" power.
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=52998
oh god are you serious?

He built his head not because he was afraid his valve springs were going to shit the bed on him..

building the head = more flow
building the head = more power
building the head = boost faster
building the head = more power @ less psi on his setup
building the head DOES NOT EQUAL = FEAR OF WRECKING YOUR HEAD COMPONENTS

BOOSTING YOUR CAR DOES NOT MAKE IT MORE PRONE TO GRENADING YOUR HEAD

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
but the thing is he wont blow anything in the head.. unless he gets over 700hp

A guy i know ran 400hp on a stock gsr motor for a year with no problems, then built the same motor and ran 600hp
Your rods will snap or your pistons will melt before your head turns to shit.

Why? because theyre cast components.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
that^

there are benefits to building your head, im not saying its useless, but you do it to squeeze that last bit of hp out of your fully built engine, or if you want to rev to 10k.

Stop cluttering this thread.