The Forced Induction Thread - Boost Whores Get In Here!

Str8Boostin

Sleeper
lol do you seriously have a PT cruiser? on a integra forum?
Yep.

Don't let it fool you, it's quick 8)

Plus I joined because I had some questions regarding 3rd Gen Tegs. I'm a fan of them and wanted to know specific details about a few things so I know what to look for when I finally get one. Plan on buying one and going boosted with it once I'm done with the PT.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
this thread make me LOL :lol:

I've had 2 boosted tegs, which makes 3 boosted hondas i've owned in total.

Boost>N/A :)

Last edited:

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
this thread make me LOL :lol:

I've had 2 boosted tegs, which makes 3 boosted hondas i've owned in total.

Boost>N/A :)
Haha yeah, i do want to drop a N/A k20a2 in a crx, ef, or eg for a track dedicated car. N/A K20's are teh best sounding honda aside form a nsx IMO

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Through all the bickering, this thread was very helpful to me; I thank you three. Now all I can think of is boost - FML - I wish I had another car for track and DD

Str8Boostin

Sleeper
Through all the bickering, this thread was very helpful to me; I thank you three. Now all I can think of is boost - FML - I wish I had another car for track and DD
Going boosted isn't hard at all, it just requires a know-how of how to tune your car or knowing someone that can properly tune it for you.

I should go do a quick datalog and post a video of the tools I have to work with when I tune my PT.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Going boosted isn't hard at all, it just requires a know-how of how to tune your car or knowing someone that can properly tune it for you.

I should go do a quick datalog and post a video of the tools I have to work with when I tune my PT.
I'm looking for another car that I can use just for power and keep my current Teg just for DD, circuit, and Solo II. I guess I was mistaken on the reasons for building the head, so this thread really steered me in the correct direction. i thought springs, retainers, etc. were part of what you had to do for prepping the engine for the stress of the additional compression and HP.

A little off-topic regarding the PT Cruiser; you basically built an SRT-4, right? I remember something about the PT being an over-priced Neon frame and engine, or something like that. Not that I'm bashing on your car, I just wanted to see your thoughts on that briefly

Str8Boostin

Sleeper
I'm looking for another car that I can use just for power and keep my current Teg just for DD, circuit, and Solo II. I guess I was mistaken on the reasons for building the head, so this thread really steered me in the correct direction. i thought springs, retainers, etc. were part of what you had to do for prepping the engine for the stress of the additional compression and HP.

A little off-topic regarding the PT Cruiser; you basically built an SRT-4, right? I remember something about the PT being an over-priced Neon frame and engine, or something like that. Not that I'm bashing on your car, I just wanted to see your thoughts on that briefly
Each engine is different.

Some require building the bottom end, some don't.

As for my PT, don't even worry about it. I'm on a few other forums where most of us are RUTHLESS to each other (it's caused several local fights) so if you bashed on my PT I'd take it with a grain of salt 8)

Yes, it's basically an SRT-4. It's the same block/head/everything minus a few things (comparing stock forms);

Completely different tranny, so gear ratios are different.
PT is 400lbs heavier, and the aerodynamics are different (obvious one).
PT has a different intake manifold, longer runners which equates to a little more grunt (more low end and overall torque).
SRT-4 doesn't have a muffler, but instead resonators.
Because of the different intake manifold, the throttle body is positioned much lower resulting in slightly different intercooler piping and different intercooler.

Engine/turbo upgrades though for an SRT-4 are also a direct drop-in for me as well.

Alot of people don't like SRT-4's and I don't blame them, they're quick (so are Mazdaspeed 3's) so you can only imagine the smile I get when I surprise people with my PT. I've outrun several SRT-4's in my PT already, and I've still got a list of things left to do.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Each engine is different.

Some require building the bottom end, some don't.

As for my PT, don't even worry about it. I'm on a few other forums where most of us are RUTHLESS to each other (it's caused several local fights) so if you bashed on my PT I'd take it with a grain of salt 8)

Yes, it's basically an SRT-4. It's the same block/head/everything minus a few things (comparing stock forms);

Completely different tranny, so gear ratios are different.
PT is 400lbs heavier, and the aerodynamics are different (obvious one).
PT has a different intake manifold, longer runners which equates to a little more grunt (more low end and overall torque).
SRT-4 doesn't have a muffler, but instead resonators.
Because of the different intake manifold, the throttle body is positioned much lower resulting in slightly different intercooler piping and different intercooler.

Engine/turbo upgrades though for an SRT-4 are also a direct drop-in for me as well.

Alot of people don't like SRT-4's and I don't blame them, they're quick (so are Mazdaspeed 3's) so you can only imagine the smile I get when I surprise people with my PT. I've outrun several SRT-4's in my PT already, and I've still got a list of things left to do.
That's pretty cool, dude!

And as for the part I put in bold, if that's true, you may be a cool guy to have on here. We like to poke fun at each other a bit more than most would be comfortable with :thumbs up

Str8Boostin

Sleeper
That's pretty cool, dude!

And as for the part I put in bold, if that's true, you may be a cool guy to have on here. We like to poke fun at each other a bit more than most would be comfortable with :thumbs up
Yeah don't worry about it.

I might've just joined the forum but if you look at some of my recent posts, you'll see I'm already offering advice where I can (I do that on all my forums).

With the weather changing dramatically out here, I might have to go out and do some datalogging and some fine tuning.

Str8Boostin

Sleeper
With the weather being warmer, did a datalog and I'm running rich.

Gotta lean out my air/fuel ratios, as well as retard timing in 3-4k by 2* and 4-5 by 2*.

Currently sitting at 330lbs/tq@5krpm.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Im glad you understand now. Any motor built or not is eventually going to wear. But there isnt any sort of magical PSI or number in which components will fail. There isnt any sort of "balance" you need to turbo your car, and pressure from the turbo sure as s*** isnt going to kill your car. Its the resulting power.
Ok i dont want to argue, just asking questions.. lol Havent boosted yet but I plan on it hopefully when i get back from basic and AIT.

But so why have I heard that its safe for a stock engine to run 6 to 8 lbs all day long. And that if you go higher to say 15 or 20, some parts on your engine might blow? Say im running 8 lbs and only drive it up to 4k rpms daily. (so saying im not beating the shit out of it). And then i turn it up to 16 lbs. Im trying to understand this but wouldnt parts on you engine blow or give out if you turn up the boost even if you dont drive it hard?

Ok wait, (remembering other part of thread lol) so its not the air that may break the motor, its the pressure of the engine? no i dont think so.... ah help lol.