The perfect launch

99TegLs

in an ls? hahaha launching in second would not be optimal, actually it really wouldnt be optimal for any stock engine... Go try it on a side street, see for yourself. I tached at 4200rpm when I had my b20 (currently running one again ftw....) Also depends on your transmission, as I had a GSR trans at the time

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Not on street tires but for slicks or drag radials, if you want to heat them up properly. Its hard to get enough wheel speed in 1st.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Is it possible to launch from 2nd or is it too risky? I've heard of people doing that but i dont know how
It's not really risky, but more stupid, lol. You would bog hard
OGstackadoIIa, whats your set up in the first videos?
I was on a stock motor with no exhaust. 14.81 @ like 93 mph
Not on street tires but for slicks or drag radials, if you want to heat them up properly. Its hard to get enough wheel speed in 1st.
Because I'm a stock motor, I burn in first. Cars with more power use second, but first works for me

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Its a tire temperature issue, not really a matter of power. Its not hard to burn out in 2nd with hydoplane inducing tires on water. Try it next time.

Heres my contribution - a 2nd gear burn out. Note the mph on the burn out. Much easier to heat the tires that way.
[youtube=]ZrWS9HDz9w4[/youtube]

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I camp the water pit till I see smoke and my front tires start to tug me out; plus I stage late so my opponent's tires cool down >.<

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Sucks you live across country. We have some cars that would be a good race for you. My mechanic/teammate was running about 280whp hitting low 12's high 11's. 480 whp Ek hitting 9s finally; breaking billet casings

[YOUTUBE="."]2vdaWIuBGvo[/YOUTUBE]