the superturbo

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I understand the premise. Its a mix between a centrifugal supercharger and turbocharger that has the ability to be driven by the engine at low engine speeds and then run off exhaust flow at high engine speeds. I get that. Concepts are cool but there is little technical data from actual testing. Id like to see a boost plot and dyno comparison. And I still dont see a price anywhere. The problem with this kind of design is you always have the drag of the mechanical drive system on the shaft. Once you reach the threshold where exhaust flow is outpacing the gear drive there isnt any way for it to free spin. It always has all that junk slowing it down - the bearings, the friction oil. Until they solve that you are never going to get the best of both worlds.

madnessknight89

All problems that we had salved on my plans. Like take the free spin in to play, that can be fixed with a type of ratcheting gear. By the was I dont know if you realize this but im being vary vague with my description on the prototype im building. And once it is done im going to test and keep you all informed (good or bad)

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
You know it. :D

I thought you might catch that if you came in here based on your sig.
Yup :) Back when driving a rally car took more skill than money. One driver stated in an interview that "Rally was for boys, Group B was for men." I don't really like the modern rally cars at all, the focus on efficiency ruins part of the excitement.