Theskygun's dc build

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
if i ripped my sphincter out, and put it on some stock honda wheels, it'd look roughly like this.

TheSkygun

getting ready to begin my retrofit once i get my clear lens

forgot to update with this but have an amp rack now to keep it clean in the back. wires are just everywhere since i plan on buying new amps

TheSkygun

one headlight done
oem housing and cover
rx33-afs with e30 clear lens
phillips 35w ballast with 4300k phillip bulbs

no custom shield, spacing, covers, painting for this round, i decided the best thing to do is just keep it easy and take it from there

number one, the cover isnt attached yet, decided to see the before and after the cover goes on first

TheSkygun

And that purple on the inside looks better than mine.
i wish it was purple but i think for my first retro keeping it clean and simple is a good foot holder, then from there i can go. probably won't touch until i order ebay headlights to snatch the cover from them

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Keeping it simple is a good choice. Cant go wrong. How is it purple looking if you didnt paint the shield?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
They look really clean, remember dont touch the inside. Take a picture of them mounted on the bracket too! Test fits are always a good idea.

TheSkygun

i am going to test fit on the car tomorrow and hook up my harness so i can test them out. im a little worried about how they are mounted to the bracket

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
they look fine how they are mounted to the bracket, just put lock tight on the screws or jb weld! the purple hue looks great! e30 lens are way to go, i have a feeling your going to love the result! make sure you get pics of the test fitment on car.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Yeah thread locker, jb weld or glue gun. I was going to glue gun once i finalized everything but didnt end up doing it. I actually suspect mine has gotten loose but ill confirm that the next time i open them up. Ive got several bolts and lock washers anyway.

Once youre ready to seal em up you probably will want to chop off more of that thread.

TheSkygun

one of the other screws barely had enough for a lock washer and a nut so i for sure need to make sure its tight and i am thinking of adding more nuts just to make it more snug

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I wonder if you spent as much time as i did trying to shave off just enough on the bracket and projector to make the damn thing fit and straight. :rolf: Tools are definately a big plus to make things easier. I did as much prep work as i could before i started it cus i had to complete mine within my time frame. Always wanted a dremel set so i had a good excuse to buy one.