"Thinking" Of Supercharging My Type-R

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
I am not taking it that you are bashing me at all. I am just saying why does anyone go the route they go?

I really don't care to much what people are saying about this. Right now I am not sure if I want to go forced induction with my car. Just needed some info. I am going to be going to Wyotech soon and I want to take advantage of all my resources that I will have when there whether I go with all motor or forced induction.

ACJett

Enthusiast
^ That first graph is mine.

As noted: 2000 Type R w/ JRSC, AEM CAI, DC Sports headers (2.25" collector), cat, 2.25" exhaust, Injector Dynamics 725cc injectors, Walbro 255lph HP pump, Hondata s300. It is pushing a pretty modest 5lbs.

If I recall correctly, we had it topping out at about 209 (wheel) or so on the pods but knocked it down a tad for safety when driving under load.

I talked with Jeff (Evans) about the next steps to take to reach certain horsepower ranges and he said basically the same as what was quoted at the bottom of the graph... "With Kamikazee header, test pipe, 2.5" exhaust, LHT intercooler and 8 psi power will be in the 250-260whp range." The intercooler is pretty important because of the heat soak issues w/ the SCs.

It's fast enough for me (right now, lol) and quite fun to drive... Runs smooth as butter...
I would go back to him again for sure.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
If you want close to 300whp, you're going to have to build your motor.

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
I still plan on building the complete motor.

And I know of him. A couple of buddies of mine hang with him I believe.

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
or supercharge lol if you build it up real nice it doesnt really matter at that point its opinion i like turbos better but thats my own opinion if you like superchargers more get one it doesnt matter what people say you sould do to YOUR car lol! if you want forced induction shit do it! im turbo'ing a stock ls even though its a terrible idea lol! just seems likek a fun thing to do!!

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
If you use the jrsc with an 11lb pulley you don't need to worry about building your bottom end. I would have the head ported for better air flow but I wouldn't waste the money on bottom end internals.