Tips on solving issues!!!!!!

zack11122

B20 and ls are the same thing virtually. Weak. Only difference I know of is the b20 is 84mm bore.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

FreshTegraDood

Muckman it was the battery causing it to be off completely, I recharged it and its not holding charge.. Took it for a spin and thermostat shot up past middle.. Drove it to my parents house <5 min away> And thermostat was passed H. In idle it calms down and begins to go back to center. When I arrived I popped hood and radiator cap was steaming like im making tea or something lol...

What should my next approach besides battery.. Should i replace cap or could it be actual radiator?

FreshTegraDood

I forgot to mention as soon as i cut it off it stays off.. Guessing battery sux since if it was a alternator i wouldnt be able to drive at all

Nick_C78

If it over heats that fast you have a few options. Waterpump, thermostat, air in the lines, headgasket, or rad cap. There is a common factor with all of those. Those factors are option A and option B. Option A is that there is no flow(Thermostat stuck, water pump not pumping). Option B is that there is air in the system(From cap, poor bleeding, combustion leaking from head gasket). Those are your options. Start with cheapest and go from there.

PS: I suppose you could also have a clogged radiator, but I doubt that.

Excitable Kid

If it over heats that fast you have a few options. Waterpump, thermostat, air in the lines, headgasket, or rad cap. There is a common factor with all of those. Those factors are option A and option B. Option A is that there is no flow(Thermostat stuck, water pump not pumping). Option B is that there is air in the system(From cap, poor bleeding, combustion leaking from head gasket). Those are your options. Start with cheapest and go from there.

PS: I suppose you could also have a clogged radiator, but I doubt that.
I agree. Do the easiest things first.

Buy a new cap.

Bleed the air out of your coolant once more and buy this yellow funnel. Best investment I've ever made.

Directions of how to bleed air in an Integra.

[YOUTUBE="Speed bearings"]zUpXgAJ1gjU[/YOUTUBE]

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You mean my Internet diagnosis was correct without even seeing or touching they car? Lol

If its actually blowing steam out from under the rad cap then it sounds like its not holding any pressure. If the coolant system doesn't hold pressure then the water boils and your engine over heats. Check out the gasket on the cap, it's prob torn and the cap needs to be replaced. Bring the cap with you when you replace it together the right size and pressure 1.1 bar.

FreshTegraDood

I also wanted to add... My car feels a little slower since I took it to that mechanic.. He swapped the ls tranny with a b16 but usually my b20 in first and second when I floor it, it hauls.. rpms jump... Now in second its a bit slower untill it gets to like 4k rpm then shoots up.. He also replaced my clutch with a stage 2.. Do I just need a tune/gear ratios? or did that mechanic jip me or jack my ish up...

Last edited:

FreshTegraDood

You mean my Internet diagnosis was correct without even seeing or touching they car? Lol

If its actually blowing steam out from under the rad cap then it sounds like its not holding any pressure. If the coolant system doesn't hold pressure then the water boils and your engine over heats. Check out the gasket on the cap, it's prob torn and the cap needs to be replaced. Bring the cap with you when you replace it together the right size and pressure 1.1 bar.
okay thanks muckman =))) also could you shed some insight on my last question? Im a paranoid guy when it comes to my car especially being done by another guy thats proved to me to be untrustworthy...

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I only destroy unrealistic dreams.

It's hard to say why it feels slower without any real data behind your "butt dyno". The B16 trans should accelerate through the gears much faster than the LS trans. It's possible your current issues with overheating have damaged the gasket any causing compression loss. Again it's hard to diagnose that from my computer with no background information.

FreshTegraDood

I only destroy unrealistic dreams.

It's hard to say why it feels slower without any real data behind your "butt dyno". The B16 trans should accelerate through the gears much faster than the LS trans. It's possible your current issues with overheating have damaged the gasket any causing compression loss. Again it's hard to diagnose that from my computer with no background information.
What do you need to know ?? When I had the Ls it was hauling, after it over heated and it was "fixed" which it wasnt and tranny was swapped it doesnt accelerate as quick.