tired of your car?

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
i want something faster... if anything ill buy a bike to curb the need for the time being. the SI will probably become a DD after i pay it off then ill get something else.

patrick4588

Integra God
at the moment, something is wrong with my starter signal wire so i have to hotwire it all the time; need new brakes and rotors, new tires, upper ball joints, needs a tranny flush, my headlights are fogging up, IT STILL LEAKS FUCKING WATER NO MATTER WHAT I DO, clutch master cylinder is leaking, brake master cylinder is leaking, exhaust leak, carbon hood somehow cracked, tps quit working yesterday (third omni one 2 years), and my battery is on its way out. i dont want to fix any of these issues. repairs suck dick and im tired of all my money going into this thing.

Sammich

get a gas powered r/c car...just awesome and less expensive to maintain than a car...*hides*

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
it's just part of owning a old car for me. i go all out then get burned out on it letting problems pile up and then have no interest in working on it. i tend to switch back and forth on my cars depending which one is easier to fix.lol but yeah paying on a motor and not being able to use it is tough man.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I've had to replace a few things on my GST to say the least. I get fucking tired of doing maintanence. Simple bullshit maintenance I've had to do that just plain sucks:

- Alternator replaced (7 fucking times!)
- Battery
- Starter
- Clutch Master Cylinder
- Clutch Slave Cylinder (twice!)
- Primary o2 Sensor
- MPD Sensor
- Engine mounts
- Turbo oil feed line (3 times!)
- Oil pan & gasket
- V/C gasket, spark plug and cam seals
- Radiator
- Radiator fans
- Thermostat

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure I've left somethings out. It's practically a brand new car now lol

Last edited:

00teggyls

i know how you feel. i had a completely stock '91 GS that started having problems about 3 months after i bought it. i replaced the battery, tie rods, shocks, struts, muffler, brakes, tires, transmission, water pump, timing belt, power steering belt, thermostat, radiator, it drank about 1 quart of oil a week and smoked like no other on cold starts, and last but not least the engine needed rebuilt twice but i sold it before the second rebuild. that was all within a year. i wasnt going to dump any more money into it and for the amount of money i put into that thing, it was almost a new car minus the engine. haha. i miss it oddly enough (had immaculate interior and body) even though im still paying on a loan for the first rebuild. it never left me sit EVER...even when she decided to run on 3 cylinders, we still got home. slowly.

i think everyone has one of those cars sometime in our lives. it makes you appreciate your next car even more.

Last edited:

JdMrican88

Prince of 2nd Generation
Yea man I was thinken the same thing last week like damn the Honda scene is Fun for a while but now I'm gettting tired of it. I've spent like 3 grand this year on my car and now I do construction and I'm older i've had hondaz and acuraz for the past 5 years. Tired of flooring out and breaking something and its not like it endz there AlwaYZ SOMETHING you want or need to fix. Im actually trading my car for a Truck i think its better if you have a DD on the side. I'm sure ill regret it but i'll be saving money lol and spending it on gas for a v6

teggygrl08

BBHG.. one love.
im tired of doing all the maintainence the previous owner never did. it's making me spend money on crap that should have been done already instead of buying stuff i really want :(

Apollo

I can totally understand where you're coming from. For me, I just take it as part of the hobby/passion. I try to take every "problem" as a learning opportunity. Or just an excuse to make it better :)

Of course when you "learn" something three times over, it does get a little redundant. Part of owning and tuning an aging car.

Just always keep in mind, it is only a car, there are more important things in life. If it's no longer worth it...

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
so far ive replaced hub bearings, but have needed to fix cat, O2 sensors. breaks. taillight wiring, driver seat, tie rods, balljoints, tires, paint. front fender. antenna, clutch, cam seals, and i think thats it. pisses me off thinking about it.

House Special

I'll KICK YA FUCKIN AASS!
that's what happens when you're dealing with these things. Something always goes wrong. You gotta pay to play.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
well i havent even gotten to playing yet. im paying to move. haha. and money isnt growing on trees in my backyard.