Toda vtec killers

iMoto607

Whats up crew.. I have a fully built b18c1 with stage 2 skunk2 cams right now and I really want to try out the toda vtec killer cams but they seem like they run the car really hard and I dd my teg so I was wondering if these are safe to daily on or not?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
It's pretty much having the vtec cam profile 24/7. You will get the most gains if the car is fully built, and I mean fully.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
they are not for street driving, they idle super high. i would say they are rough on the valve train, and super expensive. You would need a fully built motor with the TODA package to see full gains. IMO not worth it on a street car

iMoto607

Thanks guys.. If I was gonna upgrade cams what would you all recommend?

iMoto607

1.8L GSR with 12:1 compression pro case pistons,
wpc treated and shotpeined rods,
ls crankshaft (adds stroke),
new oil pump and waterpump,
all new engine bearing assembled by inlinefour.com (California)
skunk2 stage 2 cams,
new Ferrerra flat face stainless valves,springs and retainers,
milled (.0015) and ported head by Tom Hooker racing engines (gasoline alley Indianpolis),
Blox Intake manifold, 70mm BBK throttle body,
fuel injector clinic 360cc injectors with custom made fuel rail and lines by(Earl's Indy),
password jdm kevlar intake with velocity stack,
Rmf header, full kteller 2 1/2 exhaust with vibrant muffler and resonator,

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I didn't know you were rocking all that. Please don't slam your car, you'll lose function completely. You're the guy that was trying to roll and pull your fenders to go slammed, right?

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Yeah, to be honest, I'm not sure what cams I would recommend. That looks like a pretty good combo! I will look at it more when I'm not on my phone :)

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
skunk2 stage 2 cams,
milled (.0015) and ported head by Tom Hooker racing engines (gasoline alley Indianpolis),
fuel injector clinic 360cc injectors with custom made fuel rail and lines by(Earl's Indy),
how the hell is this thing running, ls or gsr rods, is its gsr rods the compression on this thing is like 13.5:1. thats with a oem head gasket, the timing most be advance like a mofo

iMoto607

I didn't know you were rocking all that. Please don't slam your car, you'll lose function completely. You're the guy that was trying to roll and pull your fenders to go slammed, right?
Yeah I definetely never took that into consideration for about a week then I got the money back up again to do it I sat down and thought about it and convinced myself out of it lol

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Let's go with some skunk2 pro 2 cams. Perfect compliment to your setup. We have em on sale too

Integra617

Chirp from 1st to 3rd!
i would NOT get thoes lol if its your daily.. I have brian crower stage 2's and im sick and tired of the constant cammed idle already...toda vtec killers are deff not streetable..i think they idle at like 2k+

mohawk42s

i would NOT get thoes lol if its your daily.. I have brian crower stage 2's and im sick and tired of the constant cammed idle already...toda vtec killers are deff not streetable..i think they idle at like 2k+
I've got the same cams...I think the idle is sexy. With my motor mount inserts its like my whole car is a vibrator. haha

tilegend

skunk2 stage 2 cams,
have you dyno'd the car yet and what output are you at right now and what are you looking to obtain?

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
What?! I have Brian Crower stage 2's.. The idle is like stock. I agree with Mitch. I am curious what rods you have, though.