too much fuel?

STAYFIT

i made a thread about the blue smoke, but now im doubting myself. i pulled the new plugs after awile of running and they are all black as hell and smell like fresh fuel could it be a bad o2 sensor or is it a bigger problem than that. i dont have a code scanner so i cant get any codes i was thinking of taking it up to the corner and having the mechanic put it on his machine to figure it out but if i can save $80 an hour by asking you guys then im going to. any ideas? i put some injector cleaner through it and it was running great idling at about 1k or so now it wants to stall out im not sure whats going on. it drops to about 600-650rpm and runs back up to 1k it doesnt stall but its not running right.

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
i made a thread about the blue smoke, but now im doubting myself. i pulled the new plugs after awile of running and they are all black as hell and smell like fresh fuel could it be a bad o2 sensor or is it a bigger problem than that. i dont have a code scanner so i cant get any codes i was thinking of taking it up to the corner and having the mechanic put it on his machine to figure it out but if i can save $80 an hour by asking you guys then im going to. any ideas? i put some injector cleaner through it and it was running great idling at about 1k or so now it wants to stall out im not sure whats going on. it drops to about 600-650rpm and runs back up to 1k it doesnt stall but its not running right.
You should be able to take it to a local auto parts store and they should be able to hook the scanner up for nothing. Well atleast around here they do.

STAYFIT

thats a neat site, i just checked it and its one fast blink, for oxygen sensor. that means it bad?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
no, that means the ECU isn't getting the correct signal from the sensor.

95% of the time it's a bad sensor, but every once in a while it's just the wires.

With the car being a 1990, I suggest you get yourself a new o2 sensor and see where that takes you.

STAYFIT

the only o2 sensor i know of is the one on the header is that the only one or is there another?

STR8 G

actualy our cars have obd x, which means it has no plugin 4 a scanner, on the passenger side of the car, behind the carpet were we have our feet in is the PCM, if the car has a DTC, (diagnositic trouble code) then build onto the PCM, theres a red flasher, as soon as u start the car, u have 2 count how many times it flashes, then once u have the number u gotta find out what that code is by buying the cars mannual book or having ALLDATA, but your better off buy the book! but 4 your problem, with blue smoke coming out of the exhaust, its most likely caused by a bad head gasket which is causing the car 2 run rich, if u buy the book, it tells u what u have 2 do 2 remove the head gasket, but if u dont even have a torqure wrench 2 torqure the head into spec, ur better off letting the pros do it, and might as well have then change the o2s and spark plugs, peace...

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
actualy our cars have obd x, which means it has no plugin 4 a scanner, on the passenger side of the car, behind the carpet were we have our feet in is the PCM, if the car has a DTC, (diagnositic trouble code) then build onto the PCM, theres a red flasher, as soon as u start the car, u have 2 count how many times it flashes, then once u have the number u gotta find out what that code is by buying the cars mannual book or having ALLDATA, but your better off buy the book! but 4 your problem, with blue smoke coming out of the exhaust, its most likely caused by a bad head gasket which is causing the car 2 run rich, if u buy the book, it tells u what u have 2 do 2 remove the head gasket, but if u dont even have a torqure wrench 2 torqure the head into spec, ur better off letting the pros do it, and might as well have then change the o2s and spark plugs, peace...
First our cars don't have obd x they have obd 0, 1, and 2. Old European cars have what you call obd x, not Hondas.

Second I don't see how the head gasket being bad would make the car run rich. If anything was bad in the head, my guess would be the valve stem seals or the rings.

Third as I stated before, you have oil in your combustion chamber which is causing the blue smoke, this is caused by either one of the aforementioned problems (seals or rings)

Four you would need a lot more than a torque wrench to do a head job.

Last edited:

STAYFIT

i got alll the tools to do the head gasket its just getting the book and the time to do it, the o2 is definatly bad i pulled it and its caked with black shit.

STAYFIT

i called an acura dealership and they told me that it could be the o2 sensor or an air control valve. do you know where the air control valve is located?