Top'd out @ 120

Surferman

i always just wanted to go on a huge open area with no cars or anything and just top out a car lol

speedin

The Transporter
i always just wanted to go on a huge open area with no cars or anything and just top out a car lol
Its very dangerous and not something to ever do lightly. Whenever I did my runs my car got a full check up and it was done in an area just as you described. We also used a spotter. A car would drive ahead and radio the all clear. So as long as no one passed us pulled over, and the spotter said all clear we KNEW nothing was on the road.

But it was still quite dumb and pushing our luck.

.Cortez

94' LS
You need NOS, these... 2 of these... the big ones!

No but really, Yeah it must be a JDM limiter, because my stockish ls auto goes way beyond that...

jznsn2u

I5. 1-3am. Just watch out for police, That wont be hard if everything is pitch black. SIKE. Just go to fuji speedway in japan, they have the longest straight away strip on a circuit. x)

Last edited:

.Cortez

94' LS
Take it to a tuning shop? Why do you need to go faster? Just work on getting to your limiter faster... If you can get to 120 in half the time, You will never need to go above 120.

jznsn2u

Thanks Cortez. I don't really feel the need to go faster in a fwd, i just wanted to know why i was being restricted and if it was possible to take the limiter off. Thanks again for helping me out

choyoyoing

How you like my v-tec?
Havent even been close to that speed in my teg but, on back country roads my friend took his evo 9 out and he hit 183 before he had to slow down for a turn.
Wow! Impressive. He almost topped out...I think those only go 184 or 185. Sounds like fun ha-ha

It's being restricted because Acura said so.....
I concur....it's being restricted cuz Acura said so jkjkjk
No, but seriously...that's weird cuz I don't have one, but then again mine is all done up. I think the fastest I've been was 130, but I got spooked about a cop spotting me. I heard if they catch you going well over 100 mph they'll take your car, suspend your license and convict you for recklass driving and slap on a huge fine.

jznsn2u

I think if you're going over 100 you also get charged for man slaughter exceeding dangerous speeds. And yeah for sure - suspended license, impound, humiliation.

Greddy FLIP

Turbos cause DETONATION
fastest ive gone was 139mph due to the fact that i was running late fer work and it was a sat so no traffic it was on my 01 gsr with evo2 greddy full exhaust. but my guess to ur Q would be ecu

red.line

I've honestly never topped out my DB2. I just assumed it would be the same as my past two cars ('98 Civic and '90 240SX) and be governed at around 180-185 km/h.

Blue95gsr

That car you smoked!
I got mine up to 140 with my wife in the car. we hit the road by our house and this TL was messing wit hme so I ran with it. When he split to go north I was at his driver side door.:twisted:

Oh and look at my sig...there is the F&F reference.

Last edited:

jznsn2u

I got mine up to 140 with my wife in the car. we hit the road by our house and this TL was messing wit hme so I ran with it. When he split to go north I was at his driver side door.:twisted:

Oh and look at my sig...there is the F&F reference.
I would never drive over 100mph with my girl in the car :T.