Tork's build thread

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Did you get your headlights sorted out?
I fixed the shroud that fell off but one is still higher than the other. I just don't feel like taking the bumper off again haha I havea friend that's into retrofits and all that and he said he'd fix it for me but I just haven't felt like taking the bumper off to do that. I need to get some pics up! Maybe tomorrow night.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
PWJDM Tri-Point Strut bar and carbon fiber spark plug wire cover. Not pictured is the titanium hardware where the strut bar meets the firewall, that my friends over at Flawless Rides hooked me up with.

Last edited:

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Thanks man. I have to respray the valve cover tomorrow because I messed it up trying to sand the letters to get a "brushed aluminum" finish. It looks gray around the letters now. I'm just gonna respray it and take my time with razor to get all the paint off the letters.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
i still have to do that to, but it works good with a razor?
this is how it looked with just a razor. Look at the "D" the rest I rushed on cuz I had to go to work haha so I didn't get all the paint off. When I got home and tried to sand it that's where I went wrong.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Came upon an awesome deal for a Comptech header with no dents or holes. It needed a serious restore. I brought it back from the dead! Started off with a wire wheel attatchmet on my drill. Then the spots I couldn't reach with the wire wheel and the flanges were sand blasted by a friend. Hit it with the wire wheel one more time then went to work with wet sanding. I used 600 grit, 800 grit, 1000 grit, and 1500 grit. My final step was buffing and polishing with Mother's mag and aluminum polish. Thank you to XjoEnX for the idea to polish rather than paint, and Thank you to pinkley for the advice. I plan to install it Thursday.

When I picked it up.

after an hour with the wire wheel

after sand blasting and going over it with the wire wheel one last time.

All done!

pinkley

b@115D33p
Looks good! And remember Clean with brake cleaner Before starting your car. If you don't the oil from your hands will burn on the header and make it ugly again. Believe me... I've done it! Lol

Good job again bro! :thumbs up

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Looks good! And remember Clean with brake cleaner Before starting your car. If you don't the oil from your hands will burn on the header and make it ugly again. Believe me... I've done it! Lol

Lol oh yea. I won't forget that! I gotta pick some up tomorrow.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Can going through a process like our homie Tork here remove the effects of said scarring caused by dirty hands?

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Can going through a process like our homie Tork here remove the effects of said scarring caused by dirty hands?
yea it will for sure. But if your header is stainless steel you may end up taking it down to bare metal. I'm thinking about having this hot jet coated eventually.