Tovi's 97 Integra RS Build! (New Here)

SoundEfx

Well, I figured now would be a good time to review the Yonaka exhaust since it has started making weird noises lately. To begin, for the money, your really cant beat it but you do get what you pay for. After a couple months of having it, it is starting to sound like something is rattling inside, I haven't looked to much into it yet. Also, it rattles against my swaybar pretty bad which is annoying, it only does this with my stock exhaust manifold. Overall its decent, but not great.

Also, I got one of my parts in, I will update with pics once more comes in.
Wicked upgrades pimp.

What header did you get that stopped the yonaka from hitting your sway bar?

Tovi

Thanks everyone, sorry I can't quote everyone since I'm on my phone.

But the pop noise sounds doesn't sound like metal. And it only happens at low speeds but I tightened my axle nut a little more and it stopped it for a little bit. I'm gonna try more when I have time.

Also, the header I had that stopped the rattle was the kiddracing plm rmf header. I plan on getting another one soon, the pickup in the high end was so smooth.

And ill get more pics of the strap when I have my laptop, I actually just did a photoshoot.

Thanks again everyone for the compliments.

Nick_C78

I browsed through this thread, but then something was bugging the shit out of me.

How the hell as nobody commented on this picture.

You have the ground controls on wrong. You aren't suppose to have the silver perch installed.

Tovi

The sleeves I had were for the thicker struts (oem/Kyb), the only way you can make those work for the Koni struts is to use the silver perch to hold the sleeve up. Otherwise it won't work without buying new sleeves. It worked fine with no issues, my first Koni/gc setup I had didnt have the silver perch because the sleeves were meant for the Koni struts.

Nick_C78

It doesn't rattle around? I see that the springs look like they rub on the UCA. Just judging by the paint on the springs.

Tovi

No it didn't lol once they were on the ground the say fine. I bought these sleeves used and they were rough ever since I bought them. The perches did bug me though just because It made the setup look super ugly but they're long gone.

Nick_C78

Fair enough. I didn't read in detail everything. That just caught my eye.

Keep up the work sir.

Tovi

Alright, here's the photos from the most recent shoot. I have some more issues with this car that needs worked out if anyone can help. 1, when I drive with my ac on a random loud squeal will happen randomly. 2, the popping noise is back.

onto the photos.

Tovi

Well big update, I had a lot of pics but just got a new phone so i'll work with what I have. I had my car basically how I wanted it (gurney flap, UK tails, ect....pics will show). BUT, I ended up having to sell it all....

SO heres where Im at now. The parts I sold were the CPR's, uk taillights, gurney flap, spoon steering wheel, quick release and some spare function & form coilovers I had laying around. Here's how it was in its prime:

After I sold a lot of my parts I just drove it for a while until I one day at school I noticed my brakes were gone, found out they were busted/cut. Perfect excuse to do a rebuild lol plus my motor was leaking oil at like 3 different places. So here she is now:

I plan on redoing my engine bay, finishing my jdm front (which I got for 400 bucks!) and repainting it before it hits the road again. So this starts my rebuild.

Last edited:

Tovi

Thanks man, Ive been lazy the past couple weeks and it being cold with no garage makes it hard to want to work on it lol. But I ordered just about everything I need today so updates soon!

Nick_C78

How do you plan on doing the JDM front? I just did mine and I chose to do the entire front piece--the t bar, radiator support and the front side pieces. Made things a lot easier. Takes slightly more drilling, but not much more and makes a world of difference.

Tovi

Well the car I got the jdm front from was done doing the t bar way. I looked as he was taking it apart and it looked kind of ghetto rigged (didn't have to cut any weld) but I haven't really had the chance to check out the t bar yet. If funds let me, I'm going to order a core support but if not I'll work with what I have. Did you buy a spot weld drill bit? I couldn't find one locally yet.