Tovi's 97 Integra RS Build! (New Here)

Tovi

Amazing car. I have a 94 rs Milano Red as well . bone stock ls. but Ive been building an LSV . haven't been on here for a while. Will post up my build thread soon with tons of pics.
Thanks! I'll be sure to check your build out. Cant go wrong with Milano Red either. :thumbs up

Here's some updates, my car kept having an overheating issue so I changed out some part. I ended up ordering a new radiator, new mishimoto hoses, and putting my hondata IM gasket on.

here's some pics I took along that time span:

New VS old:

Putting the IM gasket in:

everything reassembled:

After that I went and gave it a test drive, worked out good but about a month later my FITV lost a bolt and started leaking coolant. so I fixed that and these are the most recent pics.

after the first test drive, car was filthy:

and most recent:

Im pretty much rebuild a lot of my main front suspension components now (ball joints, tie rods). I ordered a MOOG package set and now im just waiting for it to get here. I also have a new lip on the way since mine is beat up now.

Last edited:

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
Looking good man! BTW the Kosei K1's have really grown on me lol. That new radiator looks good! my car took a real bad beating last week. lost half of the sir lip. blew a tire. an axle gave out and my brakes are bad lol. talk about bad luck. hows the yonaka exhaust holding up?? thought about getting one but ended up getting the ebay sr-s one

Tovi

Looking good man! BTW the Kosei K1's have really grown on me lol. That new radiator looks good! my car took a real bad beating last week. lost half of the sir lip. blew a tire. an axle gave out and my brakes are bad lol. talk about bad luck. hows the yonaka exhaust holding up?? thought about getting one but ended up getting the ebay sr-s one
Thanks, and yea I love koseis, I'll never get tired of them. I've had my share of bad luck too lol, ordered a moog front suspension rebuild kit and when I took it to get the lower balljoints installed they busted one. keep in mind this kit was 450 bucks plus 30 for another balljoint... but eventually I got all but the upper joints replaced (tie rods, lower balljoints. Then I ordered a blox throttle body for a b16 (since im running a type r style Intake manifold) and the throttle cable bracket didn't work right. THEN, I ordered another si vtec lip and it was too small..... but things are better now. Car is running like a dream.

The Yonaka is great for a daily driver. Its still holding up fine. It really doesn't feel like it makes a difference but it looks good. Also, with my b16 trans it doesn't make it terrible to drive.

Clean car.
thanks man!

I got a part I've been wanting for a while

looks perfect with my spoon shiftknob

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
Man you beat me too it. that was my next mod. Unfortunately my engine started knocking. and my 3rd gear took a s***. so that's my priority now. I will be assembling everything today. I love seeing a fresh block and head out of the machine shop :) . But now im in search of b16 trans.. which I cant seem to find at reasonable price.hows the daily driving on it? notice any loss of mpg? I lost another lip lol. California streets are horrible. also fixed my brakes. Autozone rotors and gold pads. I recommend. affordable and last forever. brakes feel solid as well.

Last edited:

Tovi

Man you beat me too it. that was my next mod. Unfortunately my engine started knocking. and my 3rd gear took a s***. so that's my priority now. I will be assembling everything today. I love seeing a fresh block and head out of the machine shop :) . But now im in search of b16 trans.. which I cant seem to find at reasonable price.hows the daily driving on it? notice any loss of mpg? I lost another lip lol. California streets are horrible. also fixed my brakes. Autozone rotors and gold pads. I recommend. affordable and last forever. brakes feel solid as well.
Glad to hear you're getting it fixed. And as far as the b16 trans, personally I love it. BUT, it stays pretty quiet with my exhaust, with a more aggressive exhaust I'm sure it gets annoying. As far as mpg I did lose some when switching to the gsr/b16 setup, I get about 25mph on average, and about 270 miles out of a full tank lol.

Tovi

Well today me and my buddy decided to go do a shoot at random places here in Nashville. Here's my favorite from the set, the rest are still being edited.

Tovi

Long time since I updated so heres whats happened in the time being. I had a point where my car broke down on me and I really lost all motivation on it. I started to part It but the only thing that got sold was my koni gc setup. Sold it for 600 bucks.

So after I got the car home I looked around to see what the problem could be, turns out the ACG/IGN fuse kept blowing. I looked in my bay and sure enough one of my vtec wires came undone. SO, I ended up loving my car again and I ordered some Progress CS2 (450f/450r) coilovers. For a short period of time I was on some terrible ksport springs.

BTW, I love them. they feel just as good as a koni/gc setup except that you cant adjust the dampening.

I also ended up getting a wrinkle red valve cover for 40 bucks and installed my header, ac is there also, im just waiting for a suction hose to come in since mine had a huge gash in it.

And fast forward to Monday 6/23/14 I finally picked up a set of my dream wheels, sprinthart CPR's

As you can see the rear tires are way too big to clear, so I ordered 2 new Toyo Proxes 195/45 15 and they should be here tomorrow. Specs are 15x7.5 +38 and 15x7.5 +28 4x114.3. The seller included adapters with the sale and with the 195/45 they fit nicely.

Also, my buddy picked up some te37's today so it was nice to have another set of my dream wheels laying next to mine.

Tires and wheels should be mounted by Friday.