Track Junkie Discussion!

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
I just checked hawks website and they are different.

There are Hawk "blue" pads and then HT-10's which are one step up from Blue's.

The hawk lineup (less aggressive -> most aggressive) HPS, HP+, Black, Blue, HT-10, DTC-60, DTC-70

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I just checked hawks website and they are different.

There are Hawk "blue" pads and then HT-10's which are one step up from Blue's.

The hawk lineup (less aggressive -> most aggressive) HPS, HP+, Black, Blue, HT-10, DTC-60, DTC-70
That is correct.

dopematic

Get s***ty tires first if you go to a more aggressive tire you will never learn the true benefits of going to a stickier tire

Sent from my iPhone 4S
My first day I ran on cheap china tires.. Sliding all ove the place, wrecked, blew the bead to the tire, ripped off my front lip, and dented in my radiator support. :thumbs up

plus autozone brake pads

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
My first day I ran on cheap china tires.. Sliding all ove the place, wrecked, blew the bead to the tire, ripped off my front lip, and dented in my radiator support. :thumbs up

plus autozone brake pads

Damn! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Lesson Learned. LMAO

I don't know if this tops it but my first time I had HPS pads on all around and they were like 50 worn already I though I had enought - after my first time I wore them Down to the metal destroyed my brembo rotors and seized both my rear calipers lol

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Nick_C78

You guys are so paranoid.

Hawk HP+ front, OEM or OEM style rears will be fine for pads. And Autozone rotors to take advantage of that warranty! 2 years of free replacements! Hell, that is what I am still using and I have yet to have issues. That set up will last you a good while. A lot of people make the jump up to track pads way too fast.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
You guys are so paranoid.

Hawk HP+ front, OEM or OEM style rears will be fine for pads. And Autozone rotors to take advantage of that warranty! 2 years of free replacements! Hell, that is what I am still using and I have yet to have issues. That set up will last you a good while. A lot of people make the jump up to track pads way too fast.

Yeah I am thinking of going down to a blue up front after the ht-10s are done. With the ITR front brakes up front I'm thinking I don't need as aggressive of a pad - but time will tell this year

Sent from my iPhone 4S

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Pretty happy with the Project Mu Club Racer pads. Planning on stepping down to the HC+ 800 for the rears later on.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Most of those aggressive pads take too long to heat up for autocross. Majority of the courses I've run require hard breaking at the first or second corner; all you get is squeals above an hp+