Tree's DC4

treeafodo

Austin
Not much of an update, but still very exciting to me. The teg is plated and on the road now!

treeafodo

Austin
I went over to the Honda dealership after work to pick up a few things that I ordered to delete the rear wiper. When I got home I did an oil change on her and a tire rotation. Whoever did the last oil change for the previous owner put the oil filter on super tight. :lol:
After the oil change I got to work taking the wiper assembly off and out of the car.
The broken wiper arm that was on

The trim pieces off and ready to be cleaned before re-installation.

The last time I will be seeing this on the car.

Now I have a nice hole to fill

The plug I ordered. For those who might be wondering it is Honda part # 90301-SR3-000

Here is the finished product. Overall I am happy with the outcome, but I will be working on a more flush to the window fit once I have more time.

I did get word that the airbag delete tray shipped today, hopefully it gets here before I leave for vacation..:)

Last edited:

MrGurley

************5-0
lol mine is still functional so we'll see. maybe when I shave the trunk and pickup a roof spoiler

MrGurley

************5-0
I live in Florida so the last time I drove it was the last time I used it!! i do own a garage now and wont be driving it in the rain as bad as it floods around here in jax

treeafodo

Austin
Did you reuse the rubber grommet that was on there before?
No, I ordered a different one from a civic that I read about. When I have time I will be reusing the one that was already there. I trimmed it down so it would be more flush.

treeafodo

Austin
I got around to a few smaller things today.

First I redid the wiper delete to make it more flush with the back window. I trimmed down the grommet that was in the glass when the wiper motor was on, and used tons of silicone to make sure there were no leaks. I will be testing for leaks tomorrow once I know for sure the silicone is fully cured.
This is how it looked previously

And now. Much better I think :) Sorry for the crazy reflections.

Next up was removing this nasty tape residue on the turn signals. I really have no idea why they would tape them in.

A little bit better. I also cleared up the headlights and turn signal lenses which you can sort of see in here.

My car is absolutely filthy. My dad and I went to a big drag race event and the parking lot was muddy. Cars also flew down the pathways soaking the car in mud. Bath time tomorrow for her :)