Tree's...Roadster?

treeafodo

Austin
Uhg so many nice tools.

Looking good man. I wish i had the knowledge, time, and access to all that. I'd love to have a project car.
It's really nice having access to all these tools. The only thing we can't do at the moment is honing and line honing, but we have the machine on its way.

Being able to say I did all the work, including machine work myself is a good feeling :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treeafodo

Austin
The exchange rate is killing me. $1 Canadian = $0.76 USD :(
I'm trying to race the clock to get the longblock built before the semester is done.

I ordered the following parts today:
-COMP Cams race valve locks (because the spring compressor failed and I lost one OEM lock)
-ARP Head bolts (stock are TTY)
-ARP crank pulley bolt (stock is TTY)
-OEM GM LS2 timing set
-OEM GM valley cover gasket
-OEM GM Oil pick up tube o-ring
-OEM GM oil pan gasket
-OEM GM valve cover gaskets
-OEM GM exhaust gaskets
-OEM GM MLS head gaskets
-OEM GM rear cover gasket + rear main seal
-OEM GM Water pump gaskets
-OEM GM front cover seal
-OEM GM timing cover gasket

All I need now would be main bearings, cam bearings and rod bearings unless something is slipping my mind at the moment.

treeafodo

Austin
Today marks the first day of March break. 1 full week off school means I get to sleep in and I have time to work on the car!

I got quite a bit done after work today, but I will post the pictures tomorrow. I just wanted to post these up.
Remember how I said the previous owner was a hack and never did anything correctly? Well I've know about this for quite a while, just never posted about it.
Oh look by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I got curious as to just how much Bondo was on the stupid thing. Well, theres a lot! This wasn't even all of it.
Lol by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

When I was picking up my hardtop I was talking to Scradley about quarter panel replacements. This car will be getting 2 OEM quarters and 2 OEM rockers. At this point I'm not even mad anymore. This just makes me laugh at how bad the previous owner actually was. This car will be a completely different car when everything is said and done. It makes me feel good knowing exactly what the car has in store and that it'll be fixed in every way/ :)

treeafodo

Austin
Since my last post I also ordered Comp Cam's Trunion retrofit kit for my rocker arms. The rocker arms themselves are bullet proof and super light, it's just that the bearings in them tend to be puked out and float around in the engine. This kit eliminates that.

Chemotherapy is starting on Lexy so the car needs to be completely stripped down, cleaned, wire wheeled then painted.

Starting with this, I undid whatever lines necessary and worked my way to the rear.
Bay Before by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Interior with the pedal assemblies in
Interior with Pedal Assemblies by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I removed the brake booster and the masters. This poor car. So much was over looked on it :( Both masters are filled with sludge. The brake fluid was as black as could be.
Well Taken Care Of by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

After wrestling with the PPF for almost an hour I finally got it out. The little splined spacers were completely seized in there. It took a while, but I got it.
PPF Off, Lines Hanging by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Drained the gas tank.
Fuel Draining by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

With the gas tank drained I removed the bolts and nuts holding the rear subframe on and slowly lowered it using the sketchiest set up ever. I need a new jack...
Brilliant by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

It worked.
Rear Subframe Removed by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

With the subframe out and the tank drained removing the gas tank was really easy. Undid the hoses and removed 4 bolts and it was out.
Filler Neck Removed by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Gas Tank Removed by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I was hoping for the best (no rust), but went in expecting the worst. I'm pretty happy with the results. Not much rust to speak of. Everything that is there appears to just be light surface rust.
Not Too Bad by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Not Too Bad by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

That spot in the bay is so bad. I guess that's what happens when you don't fix a leaky master.
Empty Bay by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Best of all: not a single bolt broke! :D

More weight reduction. These are all parts that will not be going back on the car and have been either thrown out or will be listed for sale.
-Brake booster + master
-clutch master/lines/slave
-PPF
-All Fuel/brake lines + filter
-Pedal assemblies
- rear tow hooks
- hood latch assembly
-horn
- rear license plate lights (will be getting new ones)
Weight Reduction by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

R13

The other asshole
The fact that you're tearing this all the way apart is entertaining, The fact that you plan to put it back together is amazing. :lol:

treeafodo

Austin
The fact that you're tearing this all the way apart is entertaining, The fact that you plan to put it back together is amazing. :lol:
It might get a little more entertaining then. Once the rust is taken care of the entire front end, firewall forward, will be chopped off. :shock:

treeafodo

Austin
You'll be thankful if you get one. I've only put 100 miles on this, but even the little 1.6 with an LSD was fun. The car was so easy to throw sideways. :D I honestly cannot wait to drive it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

treeafodo

Austin
I got word from my friend that he finished porting and polishing one head and he is starting the second head. He has just under 17 hours into the first one.

I got a few packages today
Christmas in March by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Brand new intake valves
New Intake Valves by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
New Intake Valves by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Comp Cams Trunion Retrofit kit
Comp Cams Trunion Kit by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Comp Cams Racing Valve Locks
Comp Cams Valve Locks by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

This is everything in one shot. ARP Head bolts + crank bolt, OEM main bolts/studs + OEM Lifter Trays + LS2 timing set + all new gaskets
Gasket Set Plus Other Parts by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Everything is packaged up and ready to come to school with me on Monday
Packaged Up by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Im dying to get my new wheels. It's slowly killing me...

treeafodo

Austin
Greyhound's hours are stupid. Only open 9am-12pm on Saturday and everyday during the week they close before I'm out of school. I took my lunch break early today and booked across town to make it there before they closed.

This happened today. <3
New wheels by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I've always been a fan of TE37s, but I can't afford them. So I got a nice, wide functional wheel that reminds me of them. They should fill out the flares pretty good!
New wheels by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I will post more pictures after work. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk