Tree's...Roadster?

R13

The other asshole
Finish my mustang's engine for me too.

I'll buy you burger king, or tacobell. I'll even throw in a baja blast before you get started.

treeafodo

Austin
Finish my mustang's engine for me too.

I'll buy you burger king, or tacobell. I'll even throw in a baja blast before you get started.
Never again am I having Taco Bell. The last 2 times I had it I felt like I was going to die.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

treeafodo

Austin
Haha, let me worry about getting my turd back together first.

treeafodo

Austin
Piston rings, cam bearings, main bearings and rod bearings will complete the long block. I'm hoping I will be able to order those this Friday. I'm pretty broke, so I'm at the mercy of payday. Canadian to US exchange rate is killing me.

Then I have to get fuel rail,injectors, intake manifold, throttle body, coil packs/wires/plugs, v8roadsters oil pan. The list goes on and on, but I can take my time with that. I'm pretty much racing the clock to get this longblock done before school is done.

treeafodo

Austin
:shock:

Suddenly mine doesn't seem so bad. :lol:

As always, In for pics! :D

To make you feel better LS parts are also some of the most expensive parts I've seen too :(
My friend got an entire Comp Cams/Summit rebuild kit, including 30thou over pistons, for less than my cam.

Then again my parts are also billet rather than cast.

treeafodo

Austin
Good news!
I spent a lot of time today measuring every aspect of the crankshaft. Everything measures to be the brand new spec! This crank is not worn at all, even when measured to a tenth of a thousandth of an inch! Diameters are spot on, no taper and no out of round at all.
Measuring the Crankshaft by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I don't have a lot of pictures today since it's a race again the clock to get this done before school is finished.
I took a very fine grit sand paper and touched up the deck surface from removing the gasket material then threw it in the parts washer one last time to make sure it is pristine for assembly.
One Last Wash by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Same thing with the crank. Everything should be pristine for final assembly.
One Last Wash by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

And the main caps before they were cleaned.
Dirty Main Caps by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I am hoping to order rings and standard sized bearings to finish this up on Friday. It all depends on how big my cheque is. I really struck gold with this engine for the price and condition. Couldn't be any happier. :)

treeafodo

Austin
Just ordered:
Mahle Perfect Circle Piston rings
Clevite Main Bearings
Clevite Rod Bearings
Federal Mogul cam bearings.

I hope they get here by Tuesday so I'll have them Wednesday.