Tree's...Roadster?

treeafodo

Austin
Us tall ass people have to put our cars on stands just to get it waist height so we can comfortably lean over the fenders. :lol:

I wish I could take baller progress pics like you, Makes the threads x10000000 more interesting to keep up with. :thumbs up
Tell me about it. My back was so sore when this thing was on the ground and I was working on it.

Are the pics really that good? I don't think they're very good. I think your pics are a lot better to be honest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R13

The other asshole
Are you kiddin' me? :lol:

Your pics are always vivid and pleasing to the eye, I never enlarge pics but they look great on CI.

My pictures are usually blurry htc g2 pics

My dslr didn't like my garage at all when I was working on the teg, Even with a tripod I got a lot of noise, so I basically got out of the habit of trying, started snapping blurry phone shots and just forgot about it. :rolf:

treeafodo

Austin
I really need to put a lot more time into actually trying for good pictures. I'm guilt of just a quick snap and leaving it at that.

So things have happened today...
I went to Detroit with a friend today to pick up my latest package, had an amazing burger for lunch, filled the Teg up for $21 and watched someone boot a garbage can over and eat a full sandwich from out of it.

This is what I came back with.
Boxes by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Push rods. I will have to double check the length when the time comes to install. I was told I can exchange them if need be.
Pushrods by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
PRC Titanium sprung valve stem seals, titanium valve spring retainers and titanium seats.
Valve Stem Seals, Seats and Retainers by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

PRC Dual Spring valve springs.
Valve Springs by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

And a big boy cam. Apparently I'm the first person in the world to get this cam.
Opened Cam by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Cam by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

treeafodo

Austin
Upon further inspection of the new parts I realized that Texas Speed and Performance sent me 32 titanium spring seats rather than 16 of those and 16 retainers. I emailed them and they immediately got back to me and are express shipping me the retainers. Superb customer service!

More cleaning has taken place today.
Booty by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Booty by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Note the rust near the top of the finish panel in the center.
Naked Booty by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Did a very quick clean as well as using the new wire wheel that I picked up to remove the rust.
Naked Booty by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Rust by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Clean by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Rust Again by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Obviously not finished with the trunk yet.
Clean by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Saved a few more pounds by removing things that will not be going back in the car.
More Weight Savings by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Here are the dry rotted tail light gaskets and the finish panel that exploded upon removal. Look at all the cracks. :lol:
Cracked Panel by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Then there was the bumper. It was cracked and the previous owner bondoed it all up. As soon as it flexed it cracked.
Cracked Bumper by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

The new bumper I bought came with the internal support and all the hardware, but I figured the way my luck has been I'll salvage the old fasteners, just incase. Then I ended up tossing the finish panel and bumper in the garbage.
Salvage by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

treeafodo

Austin
Thank you very much sir. Even the smallest compliments mean a lot!

On Wednesday I brought a few parts in to school to sand blast. These are the battery hold downs that are bolted to the trunk floor.
Rusty Hold Down by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
No More Rust by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I didn't get a lot done in that lab because when I mounted the engine to the stand the first time around I accidentally mounted the lower arms through the oil pan. Didn't even notice that until I went to take the pan off.... So I had to change the arms and threads they would go into. I also spent quite a bit of time blueprinting a block that my teacher wanted done. After all that was said and done I was able to remove the Oil pan, pick up tube and windage tray to reveal the main caps.
Oil Pan Removed by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

6 bolt mains. No biggy.
6 Bolt Mains by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I didn't touch the car yesterday. I actually did some maintenance on the Integra. Oil change and a new wheel bearing. Still waiting on the last wheel bearing to come in.
After work today I did more work to the trunk.
Bare Metal Trunk by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

All I'm doing in the mean time is grinding surface rust off and covering it up with a rust paint. Nothing special, I just need to cover the bare metal so that it won't rust again between now and when the car gets stripped down, primed and painted.
Painted Trunk by Austin Rajki, on Flickr